3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
serfly 04.05.22 11:07 pm

GTX1650 4Gb gets very hot

GTX1650 4Gb card with 1 cooler. Bought new six months ago. In idle time, t 35-38 * C, cooler 56%. in games it heats up to 85 * C at 100% of revolutions from 70 * C. I'm afraid it will burn, I feel sorry for her very much. I can't handle overvolting. In MSI Afterburning the only thing is to set the cooler speed to 100% from 70*C. Help, my hands are falling
123 Comments
Sort by:
s
serfly 24.05.22

And here are the characteristics without load:

K
Kartonkratos 24.05.22

serfly
So you have a fake gtx 1650, because there should be 56 texture units! and you have 74 of them, but the ROPs blocks are the correct number, but for some reason the pixel rate is 45.1Gpixel / s instead of 53.28, as well as the memory bandwidth is 96gb / s, but it should be 192gb / s! that even with memory gddr5 128gb / s, and you have written that it costs gddr6! (https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-1650-gddr6.c3541)
(https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-1650.c3366)

L
Loken 24.05.22

serfly
With such a ridiculous chill, you still have normal temperatures. Smear some thermal paste, like mx4, and forget for a couple of years.
Kartonkratos
Yes, this is a gpu-z glitch, here people also show 74 tmu, although in reality there are 56 https://gtx-force.ru/geforce-gtx-1650/

01001000 01101001 24.05.22

Kartonkratos
Old versions of the program. Need to update. There even GPU Z shows an update message.

serfly
MX4 is not recommended to take. Complain about its quality and fakes.

L
Loken 24.05.22

01001000 01101001 wrote:
I highly do not recommend taking the MX4. Complain about its quality and fakes.
Complain boots, buying cheap in no-name stores. Yes, and there is a QR code on the package, when you click on it on the manufacturer's website, it will be written whether it is a fake or not.
Normal pasta, just a little pricey. But it lasts a long time, for a budget vidyuhi it’s the very thing, it will not be necessary to re-grease every year.

K
Kartonkratos 24.05.22

Loken 01001000
Got it! in short and for this it can show less memory bandwidth, as well as less Gpixel / s?

Loken
These are reviews (dns in particular) and PC assembly forums. I said go ahead. Everything is faked, include QR codes. Everything was discussed. After such, treat with doubt. And in general, the best NT H1 has not yet been invented.
Here: I don't know whether to believe it or not. But she is very popular, messages flicker.

Kartonkratos
Possibly. I have already met this. At least a question of the type of memory, it simply showed one first, after updating the other. This could easily be here. By the way, yes, I remembered and let's go 64 the same sculpted voltage incorrectly, and HWinfo has not yet been updated. Of course, it is worth starting with an update and checking.

K
Kartonkratos 24.05.22

01001000 01101001
It's just that he has problems with temperatures, and he also posted such a screenshot where everything is written incorrectly! so you might think that this is a fake video card, that's why such types of temperatures.
And also, if his gpu z does not show everything correctly, then the program also shows the temperature incorrectly, that is, it overestimates them! Then maybe the problem is not in the video card at all?

L
Loken 24.05.22

01001000 01101001 wrote:
And in general, the best NT H1 has not yet been invented.
mx4 and nt-h1 + are the same pastes. Although at the end of last summer I smeared my remnants of mx4 on his 1080ti to a friend for a temporary hut, but his card still plows normally with it. There is no such garbage.
I don’t know what the real operating temperatures are for nt-h1, but rather low 110 degrees are indicated everywhere. nt-h2 looks more impressive with its 200 degrees. Mx4 has 160.

Loken
I am very pleased with the NT H1. It is universally recommended. Nothing burned out. But what do you say. I don't take MX anymore. And the noctua is very pleased. Even surprised.

Kartonkratos
To be frank, where is the complaint, if in idle he has a card of 32 degrees and 1650 revolutions.
What for? Why?
He has all the ancient programs, some kind of nvidia inspector. What year is this program from? 2016 or 2020.
Go there for a long time and you need to look at Windows. Of course, everything needs to be checked and updated.
He would have recorded a video, because at high numbers the frequency drops noticeably. And so yes.
He even has a FurMark 20 version when the latest is 29 at the moment. In short, all the software needs to be reviewed and updated there, it can easily lie.

D
Denis Kyokushin 24.05.22

serfly
serfly wrote:
Why doesn't T-ra decrease after undervolting, but FPS does?
Try rebooting the system after undervolting.

L
Loken 24.05.22

Denis Kyokushin
Most likely, after undervolting and lowering the temperature, the fan also dropped its speed and it turned out that the temperature seemed to have not changed. You need to adjust the fan curve if you want lower temperatures, although 75 is normal temperatures.
Here Remontyash came out with a good video about undervolt, after watching which no one should have any questions

K
Kartonkratos 24.05.22

Loken
I want to ask, since I took up undervolting for the first time! in short, at 0.825 millivolts, everything works stably! in games and benchmarks, temperatures and power consumption have dropped tremendously! so, is it possible to leave such a voltage? if everything suits me! Will it affect the video card somehow?

Kartonkratos
However, with such a loss in performance will be. Compared? I understand this is 2070 from the profile.

L
Loken 24.05.22

Kartonkratos wrote:
will this affect the video card somehow?.
Reflect only in a positive way.
If there are any instabilities, crashes, friezes or crashes (all this is harmless for the card itself) - just throw in a bit of a millivolt.
But keep in mind, if you lower the voltage too much, on green cards this can lead to a decrease in performance. Although not great, but if every FPS is important, then you can pick up the voltage without reducing performance.

K
Kartonkratos 24.05.22

01001000 01101001
Yes, there is a performance loss, well, not a big one! in the aisle of 5-7%, but the consumption has decreased by almost 2 times and in some games even more than twice, as well as less gpu and memory temperature!

K
Kartonkratos 24.05.22

Loken
Got it, thanks for the reply!

K
Kartonkratos 24.05.22

Loken
Where more performance is needed, I have a different balancing profile tuned! but thanks again.

D
Denis Kyokushin 24.05.22

Loken I
looked at the video about undervolting and went crazy: RX588 from Sapphire eats over 170W🤦‍♂️. I eat 138W without undervolting, and then, in some Witcher 3:

Denis Kyokushin
No need to roll out your own as an absolute.
1) It is worth recognizing that all these figures are doubtful in reality. How and where they come from, on the basis of what.
2) The cards are different, one way or another there is an adjustment. Good cooling will allow the card to scatter both in frequency and in consumption. A vivid example is 3090. The top vendor will give out over 410 watts of power consumption during overclocking.
3) There are restrictions on this figure, often it is increased.
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
RX588 from Sapphire eats over 170W
1.1 Volts, frequency 1430. And at the same time 65 degrees. Your giga generally rests nervously on a stump. Although this is already biased, the test setups are different. The thought crept into my mind that you lost in performance due to lousy cooling. He stupidly restricts her consumption. Sapphire is good... And actually it is.
Spoiler
In general, this is not a problem for the Repairman, but for you personally, including temperature. Although, furmark needs to be set to the maximum, I did not see, I do not know how he set it up. But 65 degrees is a fairy tale. Your Tom Clancy's The Division and 76 degrees are resting.