3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
serfly 04.05.22 11:07 pm

GTX1650 4Gb gets very hot

GTX1650 4Gb card with 1 cooler. Bought new six months ago. In idle time, t 35-38 * C, cooler 56%. in games it heats up to 85 * C at 100% of revolutions from 70 * C. I'm afraid it will burn, I feel sorry for her very much. I can't handle overvolting. In MSI Afterburning the only thing is to set the cooler speed to 100% from 70*C. Help, my hands are falling
123 Comments
Sort by:
K
KIBERMAX 04.05.22

serfly
Winda?
What games do you mostly play?
Firewood up-to-date?
How much power supply?

M
MunchkiN 616 04.05.22

Maybe it's normal for this video card. if the card is new in production, then changing the thermal paste is unlikely to help. and usually in vidyuhi normal thermal paste for them. and from such temperatures it is unlikely to burn out in the near future (it can deteriorate from temperature changes, but this is usually long enough) and it can burn out from low-quality elements. so setting a temperature profile for coolers seems to be a sufficient solution in principle.

the hull can still affect. but usually in modern computers there is nothing except the GPU. and the cards are not hot enough to warm office corsa. You can check the temperature with the lid open simply.

P
Pavel Rally 04.05.22

serfly
Before you go into the settings, just improve the cooling, for the sake of experiment, play without a side cover, what will be the temperature, put the system unit on the floor.

b
bloomm 04.05.22

serfly
Working 92-94 why cry? Open the case cover, change the paste.

G
GG4 04.05.22

Why do people use a tightly closed case at all? You always need to remove the side cover, this significantly reduces the temperature.

M
MunchkiN 616 04.05.22

GG4
why even use a case? on the table spread out with a screwdriver turned on and playing nothing overheats.

M
March 04.05.22

MunchkiN 616
Then it will overheat from the dust.

s
serfly 04.05.22

KIBERMAX
Win10, drivers dated 12/2021, mostly low capacity games, 500 watt power supply

s
serfly 04.05.22

bloomm
What card do you have? I don’t believe that you use 93-95 * C, or these cards are like dirt

D
Denis Kyokushin 04.05.22

serfly
Possibly low-quality interface. Sensors on MEM, mosfets and VRM are separate from the sensor on the GPU? If you haven’t seen it, open it in HWInfo

r
requiemmm 04.05.22

No, you can’t lay it out on the table permanently - is there something like at the computer? Splashed tea, everything burned down :) Again, someone can crawl, die and close. But you can remove the cover, I myself, in times of hot stumps, removed the cover and stupidly put a table fan there, unfolding it onto the board. It ended up that the crappy Chinese fan, unwound, just shorted and went to a landfill, and I took a computer on the Q6700, which had a good supply of power and did not warm up even with a boxed cooler.

L
Lоken 04.05.22

serfly
Do you have a case with a purge or a blind box?
I still advise you to get confused with undervolting. All you need is msi afterburner program, youtube guide and 20 minutes of free time. You can drop up to 10-15 degrees with a successful undervolt.

X
X_ray_83 10.05.22

serfly Process
temperature what???

s
serfly 10.05.22

Loken
There is 1 turntable for blowing from the front, just blowing on the card. You write: YouTube guide and 20 minutes of free time. Describe the details, pliz... Is it necessary to lower the voltage perhaps?

s
serfly 10.05.22

Denis Kyokushin
There, even without HWInfo, it’s understandable - it brings down heat from the case, and the card cooler howls at 100%

C
ClearSkyForUs 10.05.22

serfly wrote: Idle time
35-38*C, cooler 56%.
This moment is extremely doubtful.
In idle, a video card without (!) a working cooler usually has a temperature of 30-35 degrees, depending on the ambient temperature, and you have 56% rpm and 35-38. Those. without a cooler it would be 50-60 in idle time?
It certainly shouldn't be.
Perhaps this is a marriage and you will need to carry the card under warranty (if it is only six months old, then why not?).
But before you carry, you can do the following:
Demolish all utilities, firewood, and other garbage from the system, leaving only some GPU-Z to monitor the temperature of the video card. There is a possibility of software conflict (software). Check your PC for viruses (did you catch the miner?). You can format the entire computer for everyone to exclude the influence of the software on the card.
As you wrote above - remove the side cover of the case so that the card is guaranteed to receive fresh air - this is very useful when the case is cramped and not blown enough.
Did you smoke near the system unit?
Which way is the CPU cooler blowing?
Did you pull out the video card from the system unit to inspect? Does it have any visual defects / swelling / blackening / smudges?

K
Kartonkratos 10.05.22

serfly
Maybe the heatsink is bad, that is, it does not completely touch the GPU, and for this such temperatures! did you take the video card apart? maybe there is no thermal paste at all or it is not of high quality, but if of course it is under warranty, then flattery is not needed there! it is better then to take it under warranty, or if they refuse, then to the service center.
Of course, the temperatures are high for idle with the fans running at 50%, because here, in idle time with the fans turned off, it keeps 29-30 degrees, but when the load is at 40% fan speed, the temperature stays around 60-65 degrees!

L
Loken 10.05.22

serfly
Move the fan to the rear wall of the case so that it blows air out of the case, if there is none. An exhaust fan is more useful than an intake fan.

Regarding undervolting - here is a guide on YouTube. Do the steps described BEFORE the 2:57 timing in the video.

Do not raise the fan speed on the video card itself to 100%, otherwise they will quickly stagger.
Put 90% speed for temperatures above 75 degrees, that's enough.

l
lapwing mouse 10.05.22

Loken wrote: The blow
-out fan does more good than the blow-in fan.
On the contrary, I have much more benefit from the blowing screw, which is on the side wall, since fresh air goes to the card.
Here, a literate person tells everything correctly about air currents:

L
Loken 10.05.22

lapwing mouse
So in his video it is just shown that the best option for cooling in the case is when blowing out is 2 times stronger than blowing in, because low pressure is created. Pointing a fan directly at a video card is already collective farming and it depends on the design of the card itself, it will help some cards, and some will only make it worse, so this is not a universal solution. For some video cards, the radiator fins are parallel to the motherboard and the air is expelled through the back wall, for others it is perpendicular and the heated air is almost not expelled outside the case, and blowing the case is important, rather than direct cooling of the card. And in single-fan cards, like the TS, there may not be any ribs at all, or maybe just an aluminum star, which does not make any sense to blow from somewhere on the side,
Here people conducted experiments, you can see the conclusions.
https://dtf.ru/hard/189010-sravnenie-ohlazhdeniya-sistemnika-s-bokovoy-kryshkoy-i-bez-nee

I now have 2 blowing fans on the front face of the case, from below and in the middle. And 2 fans for blowing - one at the back and one at the top. So, when I increase the speed on the front fans, my video card starts to heat up more. I was able to achieve the best results by setting the speed of the front turntables to 40% and the rear to 70 (I did not increase the speed due to noise). Which just confirms the conclusions from the video and from the tests with DTF.
If you want a good purge in the case, lower the pressure inside it. The intake fan raises the pressure, the exhaust fan lowers it.