3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
s
serfly 04.05.22 11:07 pm

GTX1650 4Gb gets very hot

GTX1650 4Gb card with 1 cooler. Bought new six months ago. In idle time, t 35-38 * C, cooler 56%. in games it heats up to 85 * C at 100% of revolutions from 70 * C. I'm afraid it will burn, I feel sorry for her very much. I can't handle overvolting. In MSI Afterburning the only thing is to set the cooler speed to 100% from 70*C. Help, my hands are falling
123 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kartonkratos 24.05.22

01001000 01101001
Yes, of course, his temperature is very high on the video card! when I consume it, it is almost twice as high as his, the temperature is 60-65 degrees at fan speeds of about 40%, and after undervolting it became 54-57 degrees in general! and the coolers don't even start.

M
Marsj 24.05.22

Denis Kyokushin
Everything is simpler there, lower the frequency of 1430 to 1340 and there will be RX588 without overclocking.

D
Denis Kyokushin 24.05.22

Marsj
I have auto overclocking through the driver up to 1410 MHz, but I have not turned it on yet

L
Loken 24.05.22

serfly
One of the sensors on the motherboard gives you 110 degrees.
Reinstall firewood, undervolt and put the bag at 90%. Well, you can put another 15 krutilok in the case, but this is unlikely to help, given the coolness of your video.
Here's a cooling system for comparison from a more or less normal full-size 1650 from the same zhizhabyte
Spoiler
But a parody of the cooling system of your card
Spoiler

K
Kartonkratos 24.05.22

serfly
Try to undervolt to 0.825 millivolts, and slow down the frequency a little more! I set myself the same amount of millivolts, and the card began to consume energy now not 210-220w but 90-110w! and lost quite a bit in performance, so the temperatures became even lower than they were, that the turntables do not even start under load.

X
X_ray_83 24.05.22

serfly
Your cooling is disgusting what do you want from this rubbish??? It's not even funny in such a cold to be surprised at the temperatures!
Cooling memory stupidly no!

L
Loken 24.05.22

Cooling memory stupidly no!

X
X_ray_83 24.05.22

Kartonkratos
The temperature will not get lower, the photo of cooling is higher, there are no radiators from the word at all, like copper!

X
X_ray_83 24.05.22

serfly
Here in detail they show why this cooling is bad, therefore, 65 degrees on an open stand, I am silent about the closed case!

X
X_ray_83 24.05.22

Loken
Where is the copper core ??? Where is the thickness of the radiator???? I am silent about the fact that this is GDDR6 memory that heats up as if it were not itself and on such snot!
In general, this is not a game option for cooling, but laughter.

L
Loken 24.05.22

Where is the copper core??? Where is the thickness of the radiator???? I am silent about the fact that this is GDDR6 memory that heats up as if it were not itself and on such snot!
Get out of the way, terrible gddr6 memory that gets very hot. I doubt that with a frequency of 1500 megahertz from memory, you need to worry a lot about its temperature even under such a bar of aluminum.
Kartonkratos wrote:
I wonder if he can change the radiator to a better one or not?
Only collective farm. It is possible to order from alik for ~ 4000r a two-valve coolant from slurry 1650 super. The main mounting holes will match, but most likely you will have to make recesses for some polymer capacitors. In short, it's not worth it. Up to 75 degrees will bring down the temperature and may not bathe.

K
Kartonkratos 24.05.22

Loken
I deleted that comment because X_ray_83 was banned when I asked him! so I thought that I wrote and deleted it in vain, but you can see you managed to read it :)
And on the topic, in short, a radiator from another company with the same video card doesn’t solve the problem, but it will even reduce the degrees, so it can make it tricky? if there are no other options!

L
Loken 24.05.22

Kartonkratos You ca
n't just take the cold from one card and put it on another. Sometimes this is possible, but it's rare. Even if the main mounting holes fit, then the recesses for different elements will still most likely have to be collective farmed. His temperature is not so high that it would bother him like that.

serfly
By the way, you smeared normal thermal paste or so KPT-8 and left?

s
serfly 24.05.22

Loken
That's how it is, where it is emphasized, there I have thermal pads, they stick to my finger, I even tried not to touch them. I wiped off the thermal paste with a fool, took a picture of the "stone", smeared it, carefully screwed it up, then you know. Just when I just took the card out of the box, it immediately warmed up to 83 * C. I started googling, installed MSI Afterburner, increased the speed of the turntable, and that's it. There is no experience. Before it, there was an Nvidea GeForce GT 710 2Gb from Gigobyte without a fan at all, the one that was included with the computer when buying in DNS. 2018 I then only played "seeking objects" after hard work. Then I would have taken the current knowledge for 7-8 thousand rubles. GTX 1060 3Gb (or already an old woman by that time 1050Ti), and probably still did not know grief. Due to age, I don’t even try to start playing games like Cyberpank 2077, GTA, Assisans, but now almost all games have become demanding on hardware. I am gradually saving up for an alternative card. Now exactly with two turntables and cooling tubes. What do you recommend Intel or AMD? I'm looking more towards the red now.

s
serfly 24.05.22

PS I opened this card for the first time on 05/03/2022.

K
Kartonkratos 24.05.22

serfly
There was a similar topic here! so the dude changed the amd rx 6000 series video card to something similar from nvidia! and you are on the contrary, so that's what I'm talking about, marriage and defects in video cards are everywhere in amd and in nvidia!

L
Loken 24.05.22

serfly
In the current realities it is difficult to advise something from the maps. Prices can quickly change in any direction with a wide range, so you will need to choose a card here and now based on your current budget and needs. In the budget and mid-range segment, nvidia or amd - there is no difference.

Regarding your card, I repeat, just smear normal thermal paste, undervolt, put the bag up to 90% and forget about the card. Even these 82-83 degrees are quite working temperatures. In laptops, chips work for years at temperatures under 100 degrees.

K
Kartonkratos 24.05.22

serfly
If you decide to choose something like 1650, then look in the direction of rx 6400 or rx 6500 xt.

N
Nervios 24.05.22

serfly
Yes, it holds 1650 degrees normally, I used the card for more than a year, I wrote everything above .. It's more likely that you got a card with a marriage, and that's it .. By the way, I ran it on fx 6300, 16 GB of RAM, 1650 cyberbug, you can play at low settings)) In enclosed spaces, the FPS is still bearable, but when you ride in a car in the city, the FPS is lower than playable)

K
Kartonkratos 24.05.22

serfly
By the way, what version of GPU Z and Msi aftoerburner do you have? otherwise I remember when dyin light 2 came out, I turned on Msi aftoerburner and went into the game, and the indicator did not work correctly for me, so specifically the wrong numbers were shown! because through the built-in program in the nvidia drivers, everything was fine with performance sensors too! then I updated Msi aftoerburner and everything began to show correctly, although the previous version was not the old 4.6.3, but was updated to 4.6.4.