3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Toxicmanonban 26.07.22 12:21 am

After buying a new RX 6600 video card, friezes appeared

Hello everyone. I decided to upgrade from 1050ti to rx6600. I reinstalled Windu, installed firewood and went to download games. I played cybersrack, warzone and dotka. every 3 seconds I just couldn't help but notice. Okay, I think there is a problem or a process in the game. I decided to play DotA, downloaded it to ssd, it shows 120 fps, but I see that there is no 120 fps and so the whole game is like an accelerated slideshow. When you start it starts to lag wildly for the first time in the main menu, then everything is fine. You run the same story in the lobby, it starts to freeze, and then again 120 fps, but in a slideshow. In cyberpunk, it’s more or less, but still, subfreezes are felt. I removed the firewood from the Display Driver Uninstaller program, installed new ones and everything is the same. I updated the BIOS, everything is the same.

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M S2H

RAM: A-Data XPG SPECTRIX DDR4, 8 GBx2 pcs, 3200 MHz

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600 OEM 3.4 GHz

Samsung SSD 870 EVO 500GB + HDD 1000dm010-2dm162

Power Supply Cooler Master MWE 600 WHITE - V2
130 Comments
Sort by:
T
Toxicmanonban 26.07.22

Denis Kyokushin
Can download test

D
Denis Kyokushin 26.07.22

Toxicmanonban
Test it. If there is also a drop in FC3, then a hundred percent does not take out the card

. You have a temperature of the hottest point of the video card 90 °

01001000 01101001
And if he has a problem with the card, and not with the processor? Then what will he do?

01001000 01101001 26.07.22

Denis Kyokushin
What kind of problem with the video card? And how is it calculated? In terms of frequencies, it's not serious at all.
What are the problems with the processor? It works, everything is fine. Dota is correct, there are problems on the Internet. The Witcher - I have the same difficulties, above the video. An SSD won't help here, the FPS limit helped, everything flies smoothly, the game has such a dviglo. Cyberpunk, this piece of code is understandable, others have the same problems. In short, everything is in order with the card. Replace the CPU (and change it in any case, because it is weak by today's standards, especially in online games, including its terrible memory controller and strong binding to RAM. The 5600 already has a cache and the core is more powerful).
The map also has no artifacts, everything works. During this time, in the same cyberpunk test was made. The card is probably under warranty. But I'm not against tests, let him do it if he wants to. In any case, it is useful for checking the map.
And games should be taken HARDER, and not junk to drive with this card. Although, I understand the message, to get emphasis there in percent or what? So, what is next? The card is tested with an emphasis on the card and in the following programs:
- Unigine_Superposition
- AtiTool
- FurMark finally.
- Games to drive, but harder. Metro 2033 (this junk seriously leans on the graphics core) can be launched, one of those games where I hit the power limit.

D
Denis Kyokushin 26.07.22

01001000 01101001
Here's a video with The Witcher 3, where the GPU frequency drops:

Do you think the CPU is to blame, or temperature conditions? His card burns at 90 °
Far Cry 3 is an old game, but it will definitely show whether the CPU is to blame, or what's wrong with the card. It fries the card no worse than The Witcher 3. You just recently tore your throat about the cooling of video cards. Why are you silent about it now? Why did you ignore the HOT SPOT sensor from the author of the topic? there you just need to replace the thermal pads, and you put the author on 12.5 mowers

Denis Kyokushin
I repeat again. We study whore and the effect of temperature on frequency indicators. FORGOT - power consumption limit, as well as the load on the graphics core.
This is the temperature. I will also have a drop if the temperature gets out over 60 degrees OR I run into the power consumption limit.
Spoiler It should be 1935 for the core, but there 1905 because of the temperatures (and the temperature puts pressure on the voltage, and the voltage on the frequency) Such things, little ones. With downvolt and coolers, it holds 1965, but as soon as the temperature goes above 63 degrees, it’s already 1950 there.

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
She fries a card like The Witcher 3
I've seen it tougher. Honestly, no. How much did you drive. I don’t understand the nitpick, it’s higher from him, he didn’t rest on the card, the memory subsystem and the percentages don’t allow it, there the temperature is 60 degrees, well, maybe it reached 65 somewhere. Where is the heat? Everything is fine there.
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
His map is on fire at 90°
Far Cry 3 game, though old
Who has it? Yes, it’s on, I see a drop in frequency, an adjustment due to temperature, the author doesn’t.

The temperature affects the voltage, the voltage is reflected in the graph of the curve, the ratio of frequency and voltage gives the corresponding values ​​​​in numbers. Why all this?

T
Toxicmanonban 26.07.22

I played, well, the lags are specific. I tried to set the resolution to 800x600 on the minimum, well, there are friezes) Denis Kyokushin has not set the maximum speed yet

T
Toxicmanonban 26.07.22

01001000 01101001
here only percent to buy

L
Loken 26.07.22

Toxicmanonban
Disable for the far cry 3 process through the task manager every second thread so that the game works without SMT. Should stop lying.

Regarding frequency drops, 6000 radeons drop them at the moments of underloading of the video card, low load on it. I have 200+ fps in DotA at maximum speeds, at 6600xt the frequencies float 1000-1500, because in DotA the emphasis is on the memory subsystem. If I run some old games, where the emphasis is on the single-core performance of the processor, the vidyuha can generally work all the way at 300 MHz, like the first example of Warhammer 40k Dawn of War.

The weaker your percent and memory and the more greedy for the processor and memory of the game, the more such frequency drops will be on the video.

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
Just recently you were talking about the cooling of video cards.
You are tearing your throat here and in a strange style - “yes, yes, right now, how I’ll write it, but how I’ll do it, but how I’ll fill it with liquid metal, but I’ll change the thermal pads, but I don’t understand where I’ll throw off the old videos. And then you will regret everything” . And I scored, turned around and left. It is not cured.
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
Why are you silent about it now?
Because you need to turn on the thinker before asking. IT IS ALREADY PURCHASED, and there's nothing to be done here. Temperatures are in order. And the problems have nothing to do with them. Problems in games. And the 6600 is not a very hot card, 130 watts. the same can be said for 3060. It was about 3070 and above. 3060Ti needs the same, because a lot of cards in repair turned out to be on hynix (a well-known topic since February), so there was a list. Now the reason for the flying off hynix has been revealed - the manufacturer has applied a large voltage for memory. Apparently, the new parties are already suitable.
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
Why did you ignore the HOT SPOT sensor from the topic author?
It is slightly higher than the graphics core sensor (+10-15 degrees), the video card will correct this. By the way, they are all higher and normal. There is nothing to ask here, IT COULD NOT BE OTHERWISE, because, fortunately, no one climbed there.
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
Maybe they just need to replace thermal pads, and you put the author on 12.5 mowers
WHY??????? Why flattery IN A NEW, SERVICEABLE CARD??? Nobody ever does that. Everything is fine with the card.
What 12500? Though at you all 20 will be normal. Actually, 10300 - 11000 so then, the price is 5600 ryzen.
It looks GREAT in the video. The emphasis is on the processor. FPS is a reference to the processor and memory subsystem, said a million times. Logics? We turn on, the map is underloaded - where are we going? Perhaps the processor? It's simple in my opinion. Or are there factors that contribute to underloading the video card? Which? Nothing comes to mind. Even the temperature is NOT a FACTOR, because there is a whore and an adjustment of the card itself, LIMITATIONS and PROTECTION.
Look, don't waste my time. If there are more competent ideas, in particular LOGICAL ones, which reflect the chain, connection, and do not tease me on nonsense (like frequency and temperature, when they are all REMINDER!!!!! above in the video and in HWiNFO).

(60 degrees and 60-70% of the card load, WHAT TEMPERATURES???? Maximum 66), as a factor, they are not needed there, especially at 130 watts, until someone's crooked little hands climb there to change the pads. Everything will be fine there. Although, I don’t promise quality from the manufacturer, but on such a card, these are not microns and their 90-100 degrees are on the memory in mining.

Toxicmanonban
Toxicmanonban wrote:
played, well, specific lags. there are friezes)
You have an emphasis on percents. At the same time, I again see 60 frames (+ a little more) and again an underloaded video card.
Toxicmanonban wrote:
Tried setting the resolution to 800x600 at minimum.
This is a test of the processor, not the video card. The video card is loaded with graphics.

To be honest, it’s just that something is bad with your FPS. Prots gives up.

Loken
Loken wrote:
Disable the far cry 3 process through the task manager every second thread so that the game works without SMT. Should stop lying.
By the way! Well done. But it’s better to immediately demolish marketing hyper-threading through the BIUS. Theoretically, even the FPS should grow up. Threads are delay. It's worth a try for sure.

You have to be careful with headlights. What is this bullshit with a bug fix? Well, I'll test it. What nonsense.

T
Toxicmanonban 26.07.22

01001000 01101001
By the way, I wanted to ask, is it worth taking monitors on alik? Otherwise, I have an old Monique after a new video when a green glow appears for a millisecond, I looked on the Internet nothing is written ...

D
Denis Kyokushin 26.07.22

Toxicmanonban
The same hat: the card heats up and drops the frequency. Far Cry 3 does not have an ass CPU addiction, otherwise I would have got a drop in the load on the card to 0% in the combination of RX588 with Ryzen 5 1500X. Flotzeme: If you

turn the camera in the same place, and the load on the card changes

01001000 01101001
Where and what is it working properly? You watch the video first to the end, it is very short, a little more than 2 minutes, but even with these 2 minutes the GPU frequency drops. And yes, he loses FPS not because of the processor, but because of MSAAx8, but on the video that you posted with 6600XT, MSAAx4.

L
Loken 26.07.22

Denis Kyokushin
Look at the loading of his video card. She is almost always underloaded. And in moments when the load is high 90+ and the frequency is high.
He needs to disable smt streams in Far Cry 3, there will be more fps (fc3 and fc4 do not work well with him), the card will be loaded more, so it will drop frequencies less.

Remember one simple thing, finally, in 6000 radiks, the chip frequency directly depends on its workload. And she can swim in games in the range of 0-maximum frequency. This is in old cards in 3D applications, the frequency, regardless of the load, is always hammered to the maximum.
And you can only bring a 6000 Radik to throttling only from memory or by deliberately greatly reducing the speed of the fans, which, most likely, will again quickly lead to memory throttling and subsequent underloading of the chip, respectively.

T
Toxicmanonban 26.07.22

Denis
Kyokushin

D
Denis Kyokushin 26.07.22

Loken
Well, if he does, it will be great. At the end of the video, the card resets the GPU frequency to 1440 MHz Toxicmanonban

Nah
, make MSAAx4, the rest of the settings to max and try to turn off streams, as Loken advises. At the same time there will be a comparison with i5 12600

L
Loken 01.08.22

Denis Kyokushin
So, at the end of the video, he has moments where the load on the GPU drops to 50% and there the frequencies flicker even below 1000. This is normal for 6000 radicals, if at some point there is a stop NOT in the GPU, they reset the frequency. As soon as the load on the GPU increases, the frequency immediately increases. I have been using this card since October last year and it has never led to any friezes.

That's how the 6600xt keeps the frequencies depending on the load. I don't have FC3 now, so I'm just switching the resolution/settings in the game. I recorded through bandicam, since with recording through the Radeon program, the GPU overestimated its frequencies immediately when recording was turned on.

Toxicmanonban
All the same, the map is heavily underloaded.

D
Denis Kyokushin 01.08.22

Toxicmanonban
Let anyone here think what they want, but I think that this is overheating, and not a percentage. In the basement, the GPU frequency dropped below 1GHz 🤦‍♂️. It seems that it does not have time to cool down and with each test the frequency of the GPU is lower and lower. The percentage has nothing to do with it. There is an option to try undervolting a bit. Look on YouTube how to do it on your

Loken card
. out of some fear, 4.3GB VRAM is consumed at low 1280x720. And at max FHD 4.8GB. Or it works like this for bandicam🤷‍♂️.

L
Loken 01.08.22

Denis Kyokushin
52 degrees and the hot spot will be +15-20 maximum. Far from overheating. But the GPU underload is visible in all his videos.
Let him test in some really hard game or in the same witcher, turn the resolution up more, so that the emphasis in video is permanently 90+, then his frequencies will not drop like that.
And Far Cry 3 is not suitable for such tests, every second one has problems with modern multi-threaded processors in it, and for modern cards this game does not represent any serious load.
The numbers above threw the video. In msaa x2, even 12600 cannot stably load 6600xt there, although the fps is only 130. That is, even the percentage of the 12600 level in far cry 3 is somewhere around 130 fps and can give out. What can we say about 2600, which has both a single thread and a multi-thread almost 2 times weaker. Here he gives his 60-70 fps to him in this game. Vidyakha is not loaded, the frequencies are lowered. That's it, case solved.

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
You have some kind of incomprehensible crap: out of some kind of fright, 4.3GB VRAM is being eaten at low 1280x720. And at max in FHD 4.8GB.
It is possible that because of the bandicam or just a lot of things were cached, restarted the game a bunch of times, started recording, and so on. After rebooting in the Witcher, even at maximum speed, the video memory zhor there began to show only 2-2.5GB. And at 720p at minimums less than 1.5GB.

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
And not only the frequencies drop, but also the load on the card too
:DDD So this is a direct relationship. The load on the card drops -> the frequencies drop. Not vice versa! I'm talking about this and I'm already talking about what message in a row: D
On 6000 cards, this is how it works. Manufacturers need to write about this right on the box, otherwise I see it directly confuses people who have not encountered this before: D

There, in my video in low cut, the focus is on the percentage and memory, so the card is not loaded.
I unscrew the graphon -> the load on the card grows -> it raises the frequencies.

In Dying Light 2, at a limit of 3 fps, the vidyuha lowers the chip frequency to 100 MHz :D

L
Loken 01.08.22

Here, for example, Dawn of War 2.
Vidyaha is chilling at 700 megahertz, because the emphasis is on the percentage, the map is huge, a huge number of units, it's hard for the processor. Yes, even the game and hammers only 1 thread.
Spoiler
I xs, how else to explain how the frequencies work on 6000 radios :D

T
Toxicmanonban 01.08.22

Loken
In short, the percentage of shit for me to change it, as I understand it