3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Toxicmanonban 26.07.22 12:21 am

After buying a new RX 6600 video card, friezes appeared

Hello everyone. I decided to upgrade from 1050ti to rx6600. I reinstalled Windu, installed firewood and went to download games. I played cybersrack, warzone and dotka. every 3 seconds I just couldn't help but notice. Okay, I think there is a problem or a process in the game. I decided to play DotA, downloaded it to ssd, it shows 120 fps, but I see that there is no 120 fps and so the whole game is like an accelerated slideshow. When you start it starts to lag wildly for the first time in the main menu, then everything is fine. You run the same story in the lobby, it starts to freeze, and then again 120 fps, but in a slideshow. In cyberpunk, it’s more or less, but still, subfreezes are felt. I removed the firewood from the Display Driver Uninstaller program, installed new ones and everything is the same. I updated the BIOS, everything is the same.

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M S2H

RAM: A-Data XPG SPECTRIX DDR4, 8 GBx2 pcs, 3200 MHz

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600 OEM 3.4 GHz

Samsung SSD 870 EVO 500GB + HDD 1000dm010-2dm162

Power Supply Cooler Master MWE 600 WHITE - V2
130 Comments
Sort by:
L
Loken 01.08.22

Toxicmanonban
Yes, take 5600, as you were advised above.
And so, for the future, look not only at the frequency of the video card, but also at its load. The less vidyakha loaded - the lower it lowers the frequency. From game to game there will be different numbers in terms of ratio, but the logic will always be the same with 6000 cards.

D
Denis Kyokushin 01.08.22

Loken
Loken wrote:
Here he gives him his 60-70 fps in this game.
There are no stable 60-70 fps, the fps is unstable, the delay is up to 42 frames. And in The Witcher 3 it has from 80 and above, + buns from Nevidia are included
. frisite🤦‍♂️

01001000 01101001 01.08.22

Denis Kyokushin
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
Where and what does he have right?
Crazy set of words. After spending a little time, I did understand your logic, I just go on the machine, based on experience, and I had only one question - "what the hell, it's elementary?" And most importantly, I understood how to answer at last. Even though I've said it many times.
Toxicmanonban wrote: I
started noticing friezes already when I launched the first ice rink in the warzone. Everything seems to be pulling, the fps is normal, but I just couldn’t help but notice these friezes every 3 seconds.
Let it be 100 degrees, the core frequency is 50 hertz, let there be 146 degrees hot spots and low FPS, one thing remains UNCHANGED - the GPU load, it should be 100%! and smoothness of frametime. Therefore, stop carping about the frequency and temperature on an absolutely serviceable card. And it's time to focus on those OLD games that are presented here. The only adequate game here was - cyberpunk (in terms of working with iron). Even the junk FarCry is the same garbage, I tested it, I'll post it later.
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
Let anyone here think what they want, but I think that this is overheating, and no percent. In the basement, the GPU frequency dropped below 1GHz
WHAT OVERHEATING AT 50 DEGREES AND 50% LOAD, including POWER CONSUMPTION OF 40 watts!!!!!! WHAT IS OVERHEATING????? Loading 50% of the video card. I’ll highlight it in capital letters so that they gouge in the eyes.
On the edge of the headlights, I'll look at the same. No - it loads the map well, but the same fig optimization for modern hardware. I'll post a video later. HT / SMT is stupidly better off there, the game runs faster. Well, deal with the version of DX9 vs 11, if there is a difference. And you can load the map ONLY in one way - permission. Only in 4k. Even at 2560x1440 it didn't work.

Toxicmanonban
Toxicmanonban wrote:
By the way, I wanted to ask, is it worth taking monitors on alik? And then I have an old Monique after a new vidyuhi when a green glow appears for a millisecond, I looked on the Internet nothing is written ...
No, it's not worth it. Monitors need to watch live most. And also delivery, do you know our mail? It's rare, but it can still be dropped on him. Plus broken pixels, usually the seller himself checks. But I haven't seen it ordered yet, even with CU. This is a technically complex product, and fragile. I wouldn't risk it now. The processor is easier.
As for the problem with the monitor, I will not say. But it's worth checking out, even on TV. Borrow a monitor from a friend.
At the expense of Far Cry 3 - the same canoe as yours! In 5 hours I'll post a video on this topic, I'll put everything together. You were offered to do this through the task manager, I suggest disabling STREAMS (SMT) in the BIOS itself, FPS has grown a lot (multiply), the game is poorly optimized for modern hardware, hence the weak stream and low fps with the frame time graph (freezes), and so will the NUCLEAR! And at the expense of the game -DX9 vs DX11. Check out the topic. It seemed to me that on the 9th the game goes more smoothly than on the 11th. Well, at the expense of the limitation, the same topic as with the Witcher 3 - limiting FPS (better through the video card driver, internal game settings in the driver, Nvidia has it, I don’t know how AMD). Works better, or so it seemed to me.

C
ClearSkyForUs 01.08.22

Toxicmanonban
Can you bring back the old graphics card and test it again to see if it works?
If the problem remains, then it's in the hardware (most likely something was hurt when I changed the video card, such as cooling the processor or some kind of cable or RAM, sometimes it helps to just pull out / insert all the cables and make sure that everything is in place as it should) .
If the problem disappears, then something is wrong with the video card (firewood, power, maybe you installed it crookedly (like you installed it in the slot not until the PCI-E lock clicked; if it is from the store and 100% new, then marriage is possible)).

D
Denis Kyokushin 01.08.22

01001000 01101001
I don't want to argue with you, it's useless, you still only see what's convenient for you to argue.

Toxicmanonban
Would you be able to test Cyberpunk? I found a test here on Ryzen 5 2600X + 6600XT:

Here the GPU frequency does not drop like that. And try to shoot with a driver, not OBC

T
Toxicmanonban 01.08.22

Denis
Kyokushin

L
Loken 01.08.22

Denis Kyokushin
Dying Light 2 and on the top-end hardware 6900xt/5950x or 12900k/3090 periodically produces the same friezes.
4:47

Most likely, this is due to sudden calls to hard / ssd and data loading.

And here the brows at 3700x and 3060ti have exactly the same subfreezes at 2:24

What do these friezes have there even in 2160p with only 60-70 fps.

By the way, in my vidos about DL2, the consumption of video memory left for 9GB. And the video card with its 8 lines is in the pcie 3.0 slot. And even in this case, the game goes quite smoothly.

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
Here the GPU frequency does not drop like this. And try to shoot with a driver, not OBC
3:12, when the load on the card dropped below 80% for a long time, the frequency dropped below 2000 MHz. And so, almost the entire video is 90+ load. Although there are other moments when the frequency drops below 2200 with a prolonged drop in the load on the GPU, for example, 3:39 - 1850 MHz at 78-64% load.
Regarding the shooting, I noticed yesterday, while trying to shoot the Witcher, that when shooting through the driver, the frequency rises by about 500-600 MHz. Without shooting, she swam 1300-1500, as soon as she pressed the shooting she rose to ~2000. Therefore, I had to write with a bandicam through the CPU.

Denis Kyokushin
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
I don't want to argue with you, it's useless, you still only see what's convenient for you to argue.
What exactly is good for me here? BUT? The person, who often turns out to be wrong in iron disputes, takes information from the ceiling, without constructive criticism, the suffering "know logical" talks about what I see. , I threw straight quotes and reasons - they are quite old, I had no doubts, there is at least a drop of respect left.When you admit to yourself and everyone else who you really are, it’s a little left to walk, just look around, hear and think, at least over what people around say. Then the cards will be revealed). Logs need to be picked out - have you tried it? What about google? And to understand, at least a little, in causal relationships? Defense reaction of the brain. FOR WHICH TIME I repeat - GOOGLE TO HELP, your fairy tales are broken into two times.

D
Denis Kyokushin 01.08.22

Loken
Loken wrote:
Most likely, this is due to sudden calls to hard / ssd and data loading.
Fuck: on different platforms, in the same places, serifs on the frame time graphs. And on a bunch of NVIDIA + INTEL, did you also test
DL2 microfreezes on an SSD or on an HDD?
Loken wrote:
3:12 when the load on the card for a long time dropped below 80%
But the frequency of the GPU to 1100 MHz and below does not fall.

01001000 01101001
What the fuck is logic? You don’t even look at the vids that I post here. You don’t see the author of HOT SPOT in HWInfo and rub it in me about logic 🤦‍♂️
I don’t want to prove anything to you at all, it’s impossible to talk to you, as with furniture.

Toxicmanonban
Dismantled Far Cry 3 as confirmation. You have the same bullshit.

Denis Kyokushin
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
You don't even watch vids on principle.
What vids? With your 588, which is tortured to death? I do not need it, and it was assembled crookedly. And vidos from a person who does not know the company. NOT INTERESTED! I watch repairmen, they are more competent, however.
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
I don't want to prove anything to
you. But you haven't proved anything. Where are the Proofs? There are none, Billy! And there is no logic in the chain, there is no connection! You are in computers, like a sofa in philosophy.

D
Denis Kyokushin 01.08.22

01001000 01101001
The author will throw off Cyber, there will be confirmation of either your words or mine. I'm waiting for the Cyber ​​test

Denis Kyokushin
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
The author will throw off Cyber, there will be confirmation of either your words or mine. Waiting for Cyber ​​test
Well, he must load the map, and let him watch all the temperatures. I don't mind, it's between you. a topic about something else in principle, and in those old games - "50 watts, 55 degrees, 50% of the graphics card load." There is no problem here, except for the loading of the video card by the processor. In cyberpunk, you can bend the card than in this junk. Let him check.

L
Loken 01.08.22

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
Fuck: on different platforms, in the same places, serifs on the frame time graphs. And on the NVIDIA + INTEL bundle, there are also microfreezes.
So, regardless of the platform, the game needs to load data. You have come to some invisible cut-off, in which the game needs to load the next piece of the world or a particularly heavy object - a freeze occurs. I approached some NPC who says some random phrase, but this phrase is not loaded into the RAM in advance - a frieze. This is how it works in most open world games.

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
But the GPU frequency does not drop to 1100 MHz and below.
Look at his GPU temperatures in FC3. There, in fact, the video chip does not even work at half strength.
https://forums.playground.ru/hardware/video/posle_pokupki_novoj_videokarty_rx_6600_poyavilis_frizy-1014012/#comment-19126210

And in The Witcher 3, the warm-up under load is already increasing and the frequency drops are already smaller.
https://forums.playground.ru/hardware/video/posle_pokupki_novoj_videokarty_rx_6600_poyavilis_frizy-1014012/#comment-19126147

Loken
I think in the game engine though. Above 140 frames in GTA 5 is stater, maybe it's really a matter of data fitting. The Witcher 3 - set the same limit and went smoothly. Far Cry disable HT fps increased, smoothness, the same needs to be limited. Powerful iron, but the old engine remained. And Far Krai was like that, I remembered that all this was in the new parts, it's funny. True, the 5th part worked worse without threads on the processor (maybe they fixed it in patches).
In The Witcher 3, loading is already in front of our eyes, they appear. And an M2 SSD won't help there. And why did he suddenly share, although everyone is the same. He has the same thing on AMD. Here the card was more powerful than nvidia, the locations are DIFFERENT. Riley clings to little things like that.

T
Toxicmanonban 01.08.22

Denis Kyokushin
played cyberpunk, recorded through the driver.

L
Loken 01.08.22

01001000 01101001
I would like to note that on 6000 radios, monitoring displays ONLY the video chip consumption, unlike old cards and Nvidia cards, where the total consumption of the entire video card is displayed.
Therefore, to this weave, you need to add 15-20 watts from above, which additionally consumes memory and the rest of the harness.
MSI representatives wrote to me about this when I asked them why my card consumes a maximum of only 145w, although 160 is declared. Then I saw this information from other sources.

D
Denis Kyokushin 01.08.22

Toxicmanonban
Prog OBS no longer use to shoot video. If during the game there were no such jerks as on the recording, it means that the media where the video was recorded is more than half full. Now I agree that a change in the processor is needed , and Cyber ​​is better to put on SSD

Loken
I didn't know that. AMD cards are not very popular with us, Nvidia is much more often seen.
I didn't know, thanks I'll take it into account. Eh, anyway, it's all right there. Well, cyberpunk, as usual, bends percent. Recently, from 12400, they watched a 3080 card. The same canoe on ultra settings:
Spoiler
What a toy! Even the Assassins take a break. It was even better there.

l
lapwing mouse 01.08.22

Denis Kyokushin wrote:
it's better to put Cyber ​​on SSD
Cyber ​​I wiped to holes, like Horizon. In Cyber, there is practically no difference at all. It loads both on hdd and ssd instantly. Even in the same Horizon, there will be more difference between hdd and sdd regarding the error stutters.
SpoilerSpoiler

D
Denis Kyokushin 01.08.22

MOSHIVURIA lapwing
On your system is not needed, on mine it is needed. I already posted a video with comparisons