3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alexey Heizenberg 09.05.23 07:26 am

How do you feel about old games?

It's interesting to hear people's opinions on this. What do you think, is it worth wasting time on old platforms and games or there are so many new games coming out now that there is no time and desire for them? And another interesting point - do you play the first game of any major series (for example, Tomb Raider, The Elder Scrolls), before passing the new ones, or immediately proceed to their modern versions? Thanks in advance.

363 Comments
Sort by:
l
litrsmethane 09.05.23

But in general there are a lot of good old games that do not sin to play now, I just recently passed the first fallout

l
litrsmethane 09.05.23

But in general there are a lot of good old games that do not sin to play now, I just recently passed the first fallout

S
Stars 09.05.23

Vova126, absolutely agree with you!
I would like to add to the above, it seems to me that bad graphics in games - it's good (bad in the sense not to see, but in the sense of a little unnatural)!

Watch, all the most adored games, not always have realistic graphics and it becomes more exciting for us. Our consciousness begins to think of many details, we are immersed in the process of passing the tale, not just in the observation of the picture, similar to reality. Here we have already seen everything. (Maybe not everything live, but through media, internet, etc.)
This is just one aspect of the many that make the game really fascinating. But I think that in the old games you can smile)

And of course the storylines of old games - it's something! (here from modern games with a super plot I can only name a few: in my opinion, it's Dishonored 1, The Witcher, trilogy "Mass Effect))", there are probably more, which I just can not remember)

S
Stars 09.05.23

Vova126, absolutely agree with you!
I would like to add to the above, it seems to me that bad graphics in games - it's good (bad in the sense not to see, but in the sense of a little unnatural)!

Watch, all the most adored games, not always have realistic graphics and it becomes more exciting for us. Our consciousness begins to think of many details, we are immersed in the process of passing the tale, not just in the observation of the picture, similar to reality. Here we have already seen everything. (Maybe not everything live, but through media, internet, etc.)
This is just one aspect of the many that make the game really fascinating. But I think that in the old games you can smile)

And of course the storylines of old games - it's something! (here from modern games with a super plot I can only name a few: in my opinion, it's Dishonored 1, The Witcher, trilogy "Mass Effect))", there are probably more, which I just can not remember)

P
Pequot 09.05.23

It used to be that the grass was greener, the air was cleaner, and people were kinder. It used to be better!

P
Pequot 09.05.23

It used to be that the grass was greener, the air was cleaner, and people were kinder. It used to be better!

M
MrGrave 09.05.23

I don't really care if the game is old or new. As long as the game itself is good. Of course, old games can be difficult to play because of archaic gameplay or outdated graphics, but good games have no age.

M
MrGrave 09.05.23

I don't really care if the game is old or new. As long as the game itself is good. Of course, old games can be difficult to play because of archaic gameplay or outdated graphics, but good games have no age.

P
Pirate_In_Law 09.05.23

Have a good attitude toward both old and new.

P
Pirate_In_Law 09.05.23

Have a good attitude toward both old and new.

A
Andrei Andrievsky 09.05.23

There is a huge number of old games that just do not have analogues among modern projects. For various reasons.
1. Some genres today are considered unpromising and either do not develop completely, or went into casual. Plot. Seriously, if the game has a great story, then it is worth it. Otherwise, your question can be modulated in another way - why read old books, if a lot of new ones?
3. Legendary series. Well, what can I say - the same Heroes of Sword and Magic still can't reach the balance and atmosphere that was created in the 3rd part of the game.

A
Andrei Andrievsky 09.05.23

There is a huge number of old games that just do not have analogues among modern projects. For various reasons.
1. Some genres today are considered unpromising and either do not develop completely, or went into casual. Plot. Seriously, if the game has a great story, then it is worth it. Otherwise, your question can be modulated in another way - why read old books, if a lot of new ones?
3. Legendary series. Well, what can I say - the same Heroes of Sword and Magic still can't reach the balance and atmosphere that was created in the 3rd part of the game.

r
rusterkill 09.05.23

Remember games like Mafia 1 and nfs Underground1. God, where to get the same experience...

r
rusterkill 09.05.23

Remember games like Mafia 1 and nfs Underground1. God, where to get the same experience...

B
B9831983 09.05.23

The old games are for real)) Many people, though, need a remaster to play on modern screens, too bad developers remaster rarely, but it's a gold mine: no need to saw from scratch, and the customer pool is already lined up!

B
B9831983 09.05.23

The old games are for real)) A lot of people, though, need a remaster to play on modern screens, too bad developers remaster rarely, but it's a gold mine: no need to saw from scratch, and the customer pool is already queuing up!

I
Icarus 09.05.23

Positively! Briefness is the sister of talent;)
The more the game experience, the more and favorite games are accumulated) over time. A lot of interesting old games that replay and new ones to choose from. Today the game industry has grown by times (if you take the late 90's and early 2000), and no wonder that a lot of crap is released (of different scales and budgets), another parallel with the film.

Spoiler

I
Icarus 09.05.23

Positively! Briefness is the sister of talent;)
The more the game experience, the more and favorite games are accumulated) over time. A lot of interesting old games that replay and new ones to choose from. Today the game industry has grown by times (if you take the late 90's and early 2000), and no wonder that a lot of crap is released (of different scales and budgets), another parallel with the film.

Spoiler

W
War73 09.05.23

Very good.

W
War73 09.05.23

Very good.