3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alexey Heizenberg 09.05.23 07:26 am

How do you feel about old games?

It's interesting to hear people's opinions on this. What do you think, is it worth wasting time on old platforms and games or there are so many new games coming out now that there is no time and desire for them? And another interesting point - do you play the first game of any major series (for example, Tomb Raider, The Elder Scrolls), before passing the new ones, or immediately proceed to their modern versions? Thanks in advance.

363 Comments
Sort by:
A
Alexey Heizenberg 09.05.23

It's interesting to hear people's opinions on this. What do you think, is it worth wasting time on old platforms and games or there are so many new games coming out now that there is no time and desire for them? And another interesting point - do you play the first game of any major series (for example, Tomb Raider, The Elder Scrolls), before passing the new ones, or immediately proceed to their modern versions? Thanks in advance.

Z
ZloyViki 09.05.23

Alexey Heizenberg
There are a huge number of old games that are insanely enjoyable to play over and over again. Some are insanely good, others bring back memories and nostalgia. I love both replaying them as well as discovering new-ish games!)) And if there are any references in the new game to previous games, I definitely try to go through them first! After all, an old friend is better than two new ones! ))))

Z
ZloyViki 09.05.23

Alexey Heizenberg
There are a huge number of old games that are insanely enjoyable to play over and over again. Some are insanely good, others bring back memories and nostalgia. I love both replaying them as well as discovering new-ish games!)) And if there are any references in the new game to previous games, I definitely try to go through them first! After all, an old friend is better than two new ones! ))))

A
A.Soldier of Light 09.05.23

Alexey Heizenberg wrote:
It's interesting to know people's opinion on this. What do you think, is it worth wasting time on old platforms and games

All the best games were released before 2007 (ending the era with games like Crysis and BioShock), all the masterpieces and classics are from the nineties. So yeah, if you haven't played those old games, you've lost and missed out on a lot. A lot from the word "all" ;]

best of the nineties

A
A.Soldier of Light 09.05.23

Alexey Heizenberg wrote:
It's interesting to know people's opinion on this. What do you think, is it worth wasting time on old platforms and games

All the best games were released before 2007 (ending the era with games like Crysis and BioShock), all the masterpieces and classics are from the nineties. So yeah, if you haven't played those old games, you've lost and missed out on a lot. A lot from the word "all" ;]

best of the nineties

D
Dolphinsaveus 09.05.23

A.Soldier of Light
chord... the spoiler made me tear up...

D
Dolphinsaveus 09.05.23

A.Soldier of Light
chord... the spoiler made me tear up...

B
BioGen 09.05.23

Very positive, periodically often go through old games and like to remember the old days.

B
BioGen 09.05.23

Very positive, periodically I often go through old games and like to remember the old days.

L
Lightninggg 09.05.23

I take well those old games I played myself back in the day. It's hard to appreciate old stuff from scratch now, but some really hit games like Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Shadow of the Colossus, I was able to get into even years after their release, which I didn't catch due to age and/or lack of the right platform. Some games really don't get old and still deliver as well as modern games. Plus old games are very interesting to dig into in terms of the historical aspect of gamemaking, i.e. it's interesting to look at how developers used to deal with technical limitations, what gameplay chips they used to entertain the player, what mechanics have been with us for decades, which ones are long gone into history, etc. It's very interesting, but again, sometimes it's hard to get used to an old game and understand its rules.

L
Lightninggg 09.05.23

I take well those old games I played myself back in the day. It's hard to appreciate old stuff from scratch now, but some really hit games like Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Shadow of the Colossus, I was able to get into even years after the release, which I didn't catch due to age and/or lack of the right platform. Some games really don't get old and still deliver as well as modern games. Plus old games are very interesting to dig into in terms of the historical aspect of gamemaking, i.e. it's interesting to look at how developers used to deal with technical limitations, what gameplay chips they used to entertain the player, what mechanics have been with us for decades, which ones are long gone into history, etc. It's very interesting, but again, sometimes it's hard to get used to an old game and understand its rules.

v
vftor 09.05.23

The best games peaked in 2005-2010. At that time the developers were very thoughtful about every detail in the game, took into account gamers' capabilities and psychological nuances, you can say they treated the gamer with respect. And then it went by: templates, simplification, pursuit of effects and graphics. And now the pursuit of profit. Lots of games, but nothing to play. So people go back to the old games. I also have them for years and I play them in the mood.

v
vftor 09.05.23

The best games peaked in 2005-2010. At that time the developers were very thoughtful about every detail in the game, took into account gamers' capabilities and psychological nuances, you can say they treated the gamer with respect. And then it went by: templates, simplification, pursuit of effects and graphics. And now the pursuit of profit. Lots of games, but nothing to play. So people go back to the old games. I also have them for years and I play them in the mood.

P
Pecos_Bill 09.05.23

I don't have a bad attitude. I replay the ones I used to play and play the ones I missed. The last 4 years I've been playing the old games, trying to catch up with what I've missed over the years. And I will say. that the old games are just as interesting to play as the new ones, if you don't get greedy and don't look at the graphics.

P
Pecos_Bill 09.05.23

I don't have a bad attitude. I replay the ones I used to play and play the ones I missed. The last 4 years I've been playing the old games, trying to catch up with what I've missed over the years. And I will say. that the old games are just as interesting to play as the new ones, if you don't get greedy and don't look at the graphics.

T
True_Rivethead 09.05.23

Alexey Heizenberg
I love old games!
Epecially those that came out in the 90's.
There was a lot of good stuff then.
I'm even specially VERY old computer by parts to play them.

Here.

T
True_Rivethead 09.05.23

Alexey Heizenberg
I love old games!
Epecially those that came out in the 90's.
There was a lot of good stuff then.
I'm even specially VERY old computer by parts to play them.

Here.

m
mma97 09.05.23

My opinion a lot of new games are not a competitor to the old ones . Attitude is positive

m
mma97 09.05.23

My opinion a lot of new games are not a competitor to the old ones . Attitude is positive

l
litrsmethane 09.05.23

Similar to the new ones, if the game is good it's good, if it's bad it's bad, it's simple