3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alexey Heizenberg 09.05.23 07:26 am

How do you feel about old games?

It's interesting to hear people's opinions on this. What do you think, is it worth wasting time on old platforms and games or there are so many new games coming out now that there is no time and desire for them? And another interesting point - do you play the first game of any major series (for example, Tomb Raider, The Elder Scrolls), before passing the new ones, or immediately proceed to their modern versions? Thanks in advance.

363 Comments
Sort by:
y
yariko.v 09.05.23

I feel good about old games, right now I'm just playing my previously missed LibertyCity Episodes (GTA4), it's great. And my GF9800 card likes old games a lot too. Although I already feel that it is time to change the transistors. After all, the old games are great, but sometimes I want to play something new.

y
yariko.v 09.05.23

I feel good about old games, right now I'm just playing my previously missed LibertyCity Episodes (GTA4), it's great. And my GF9800 card likes old games a lot too. Although I already feel that it is time to change the transistors. After all, the old games are great, but sometimes I want to play something new.

G
Granudator 09.05.23

Rereviewed Gothic 1.
Total rapture

A colleague at work replayed Warcraft 3.

So I probably play to remember the old days.

G
Granudator 09.05.23

Rereviewed Gothic 1.
Total rapture

A colleague at work replayed Warcraft 3.

So I probably play to remember the old days.

Z
Z126 09.05.23

I have a positive attitude.

Alexey Heizenberg wrote:
How do you think it's worth spending time on old platforms and games or is there so much new stuff coming out now that you don't have time or desire for it?

There aren't that many quality games out now, so I sometimes play old games (starcraft blod war and Fallout 2)

Alexey Heizenberg wrote:
I wonder - do you play the first games of any large series (for example Tomb Raider, The Elder Scrolls) before the new ones, or do you start playing their modern versions immediately?

Before passing Andromeda I rerun the Mass Effect trilogy, similarly with Fallout 4 (except Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel)

Z
Z126 09.05.23

I have a positive attitude.

Alexey Heizenberg wrote:
How do you think it's worth spending time on old platforms and games or is there so much new stuff coming out now that you don't have time or desire for it?

There aren't that many quality games out now, so I sometimes play old games (starcraft blod war and Fallout 2)

Alexey Heizenberg wrote:
I wonder - do you play the first games of any large series (for example Tomb Raider, The Elder Scrolls) before the new ones, or do you start playing their modern versions immediately?

Before passing Andromeda I rerun the Mass Effect trilogy, similarly with Fallout 4 (except Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel)

V
Vova126 09.05.23

I think that games used to be better than now. Now everything has turned into some kind of commerce, before all the same and the idea was and execution and the developers put their soul into it, not as it is now

I don't think they were better than they are now

V
Vova126 09.05.23

I think that games used to be better than now. Now everything has turned into some kind of commerce, before all the same and the idea was and execution and the developers put their soul into it, not as it is now

D
Desert Wanderer 09.05.23

I play both new and old games, and in principle among the old games there are many that are not a shame to spend time on, as long as they do not burn before launching

D
Desert Wanderer 09.05.23

I play both new and old games, and in principle among the old games there are many that are not a shame to spend time on, as long as they do not burn before launching

S
Stasonich_spb 09.05.23

How do you feel about the old games?
FULL!!!!

S
Stasonich_spb 09.05.23

How do you feel about the old games?
FULL!!!!

C
Ceniunel 09.05.23

Logically I understand that they often have a lot of joints and it's time to forget about them, but the soul stretches)

C
Ceniunel 09.05.23

Logically I understand that they often have a lot of joints and it's time to forget about them, but the soul stretches)

B
Back to the PG 09.05.23

I'm okay with it. From time to time I replay a lot of old games that I remembered in the past.
GTA 3, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, Mafia, Max Payne 1-2, Half-Life 1-2 & Episodes, etc
Pereplay with pleasure. Even if not as interesting as the first time, but still enjoy it.

B
Back to the PG 09.05.23

I'm okay with it. From time to time I replay a lot of old games that I remembered in the past.
GTA 3, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, Mafia, Max Payne 1-2, Half-Life 1-2 & Episodes, etc
Pereplay with pleasure. Even if not as interesting as the first time, but still enjoy it.

o
optixf 09.05.23

SORRY!!!

o
optixf 09.05.23

SORRY!!!

s
shahVkit 09.05.23

Unequivocally positive.
Elder games are like good books written by talented and intelligent writers. They can be read and reread repeatedly.
Unfortunately about the games of recent years, this can not be said.
They are not like books. Rather, they are comics for mindless use to please the dominant class of popcorn consumers.
No intelligence or talent in them is practically not observed.

These games are not very intelligent.

s
shahVkit 09.05.23

Unequivocally positive.
Elder games are like good books written by talented and intelligent writers. They can be read and reread repeatedly.
Unfortunately about the games of recent years, this can not be said.
They are not like books. Rather, they are comics for mindless use to please the dominant class of popcorn consumers.
No intelligence or talent in them is practically not observed.

These games are not very intelligent.