3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
U
U-Rock 22.03.20 07:19 pm

Mages, Templars or neutral? (Dragon Age 2)

sobstno who chose?? and the sales of the XS.. and those right and those wrong..
220 Comments
Sort by:
U
Unjust 22.03.20

John Lokk

Yes neutrality in such cases often leads to serious problems.

I now remember part 5 the Witcher"the Price of Neutrality..........

C
Corbinus 22.03.20

Mages. Templar overly cautious, too much oppressing mages and ultimately forcing them to turn into something Templars supposed to protect the world.
This is my overall IMHO.
Now, specifically: one mage, fused with the demon, and fixated on the freedom of mages, commits an act of terrorism.
The solution Meredith - let the Defender take care of him,and I will kill mages of the Circle are nothing to do with it,and shocked others.
To each his own, but my hawke believes that this idea is madness. And since the status quo has just blown up, we will do what we can to change things for the better... and the genocide of mages is not exactly that way.
Of course we can go further, and say and here they say templary also ordinary people, and kill them for following orders, and the duty is also not good.
But the game is not the way no kill In the end you can only decide who should go to the light for the greater good.
But the concept of the common good of all, again, different.
Oops.
The ultimate question - what he believes the player? That all mages are so dangerous that should be locked\killed? Or conversely, reasonable and safe, and deserve a normal life?
And then it turns out that the mages are revolting in ANY case.
And the point of teraesa....

F
Fayrus 22.03.20

Neutral. But good? Still the choice will have to do, whether you like it or not.
Meredith - bitch.
Orsini - not much better.
No pity, all he got what he deserved.

p
pashalet 22.03.20

IMHO.
1. any MAG DAO/DA2 is a time bomb. regardless of his nature, kindness and etc., at any moment he can become Maleficarum. under the circumstances, out of curiosity, lust for power, by accident, tragic accident etc. at ANY time. it convincingly and repeatedly proved in the game.

2. any blood mage DAO/DA2 - at least RUB shoulders with demons, as a maximum becomes enslaved them. blood magic based on the invocation of a demon.

3. any demon DAO/DA2 is a disgusting, cunning, evil, trudnosmyvaemye thing. once escaped into the wild with the help of the magician, the demon death, enslaves the soul, cripples the body... one he is able to hurt more than a whole army.

4. contact with the MAG - the only way for a demon to come to the human world. and the demon always tries by all means to use this method.

5. to distinguish the possessed magician from normal is almost impossible (until he starts publicly to use with blood magic)

summary. build chain. with a 50-50 chance of any magician=maleficar=demon. ie mage - a as a carrier of the deadly virus. can to live my life around, and nothing. and may suddenly succumb to the demon and instantly spread the infection, which will mow down an entire city. only 1 mage can create an Apocalypse worse than Mora. (remember Radcliffe? but filth there and just miraculously (thanks to GG) did not have time to spread into the surrounding land)

conclusion. mage deadly the mere fact of its existence. reason qunari place the magician identified as clearly as possible - on a leash, and collar. So I'm for the Templars anyway. Yes, they are far from ideal. Yes, they have their own cockroaches. and your the mad men. but it's the only barrier between peaceful people and demonic offspring.

A
Arina3D 22.03.20

conclusion. mage deadly the mere fact of its existence. and place of the MAG - if not a graveyard, but certainly on a thick chain, right in the collar. So I'm for the Templars anyway.
And the Templars have not been possessed! 8( in TE:ABOUT the captured Tower - a dime a dozen, much more than the possessed mages, by the way. Mages though more dangerous in the case of possession - they have a resistance to this obsession more, not for nothing, they are sent to Torture to check for lice.
And if you take in both games the number of the possessed that attacked SG - is hard to imagine that all this was just the mages. Otherwise it turns out that mastery is not a rare gift, and right rampant disease, like flu, from where literally every second is suffering))))
And no one will convince me that making deals with the demons sorcerers go from a happy life. I wish they had living conditions close to normal - to the MK and similar nonsense would be one. View the conditions in which sorcerers became obsessed with your own eyes: the girl, cowed by the bounty hunters; magichka, pursued by all, betrayed by their own children, hiding in the sewers; the desperate, the head of the Circle, in front of which cut almost all of his players... and Then no demons in affect get...

J
Just like old times 22.03.20

Арина3D
I agree entirely )
Keep on CCB chain is not an option , then the number of blood mages will only multiply. )
Actually this topic is pretty ambiguous , a double-edged sword , how to make a world of peace and order , and how best to reduce the number of cases of the use of blood magic ? don't know..to know someone that does.

p
pashalet 22.03.20

Арина3D would have their living conditions, close to normal to the MK and similar nonsense would be one. View the conditions in which sorcerers became obsessed with your own eyes: the girl, cowed by the bounty hunters; magichka, pursued by all, betrayed by their own children, hiding in the sewers; the desperate, the head of the Circle, in front of which cut almost all of his players...

offer even the creatures of Darkness to spare. what? it really is:
I wish they had living conditions close to normal - to Arhidemona and similar nonsense would be one. View the conditions in which the Darkness was a Plague on your eyes, garlok terrified tenerissimi knights; Troll arzamasskie persecuted by the dwarves, hiding in the deep trails; desperate arhidemon, in front of which 5 times in a row cut almost all his players!

; ))

O
Ogrin 22.03.20

offer even the creatures of Darkness to spare. what? it really is:
I wish they had living conditions close to normal - to Arhidemona and similar nonsense would be one. View the conditions in which the Darkness was a Plague on your eyes, garlok terrified tenerissimi knights; Troll arzamasskii persecuted by the dwarves, hiding in the deep trails; desperate arhidemon, in front of which 5 times in a row cut almost all his players!

Their problems are solved automatically if Avakening of the architect to keep alive.
And about the time bomb does not agree, even the blood mages can be normal people, Merrill and Jovan, for example. In tevinter according to the Fenris almost every mage uses blood magic and live somehow

A
Arina3D 22.03.20

even blood mages can be normal people
Yeah, my hero of Ferelden was a true MK - but even one of the party members never used to replenish mana (just pumped a powerful physique). Because you can fork to make weapons if desired. And the sword to use for shredding cabbage. It all depends on the hands that holds them. Would be better if the Templars took care of the moral education of the young mages than intimidated and humiliated them.

A
Angel_Trent 22.03.20

Neutrality, unfortunately, undermined Anders. Literally. The Church was that neutrality that hold the leash of the Templars and mages. Had the opportunity - would choose neutrality. And chose to side with mages. In the end it is still the fault of Meredith and her iron grip. Usually I am for the Circle of Mages, since they need to keep from ourselves. But Kirkwall relation to magicians in any gate did not climb.

w
whiterat 22.03.20

Арина3D
And the Templars have not been possessed! 8( in TE:ABOUT the captured Tower - a dime a dozen, much more than the possessed mages, by the way. Mages though more dangerous in the case of possession - they have a resistance to this obsession more, not for nothing, they are sent to Torture to check for lice.
To Templar, and not just any other magician, became obsessed, the mage must infuse the demon violently. This, as far as I remember, it says in the quest about the possessed Templar. But the magician can become obsessed with and without the intervention of others.

I wish they had living conditions close to normal - to the MK and similar nonsense would be one.
In Tevinter the magicians beautiful living conditions. And blood magic is still used by all and Sundry.

S
Solarpower 22.03.20

whiterat
In Tevinter the magicians beautiful living conditions.
Yeah, the constant struggle for power and who is cooler with the same Magi — well, just to get what a perfect life.

And blood magic is still used by all and Sundry.
And let. Mages I'm afraid it's not because of her but because of the fact that they can easily be possessed by a demon (is YES 2 100500+ times stated).

If mages are not oppressed, that they were forced to all sorts of forbidden knowledge to go, it would be much easier. And possessed, as shown, is not so difficult to handle. =)

At least mages especially don't touch anybody, which is certainly better supported by the Church, drug addicts, due to which the whole criminal groups, shipping them contraband lirium created — what with the bystanders suffering, huh ?

A
Angel_Trent 22.03.20

Mages are afraid because it's not
And because of it, too. Blood magic involves the regular services of demons.

Yeah, the constant struggle for power and who is cooler with the same Magi — well, just to get what a perfect life.
It's their choice. In Tevinter all politics and all of society is built on magic. They have blood magic - prestigious, and the more the better. Two completely different style of life the magicians of Tevinter and those that skazhenny, in Ferelden and Kirkwall.

E
Ellewilde 22.03.20

But the magician can become obsessed with and without the intervention of others
And wants it It's a complete loss of personality and what was actually achieved. Here is a briefing on safety and training to enhance self-control it would be necessary, Yes.

And blood magic is still used by all and Sundry
And how many of them obsessed?) And there really is a Magi - like spiders in a jar (so it Tevinter historically), and resort to blood magic that competitors are not eaten.

The idea of the Circle as a society of magicians that allows you to watch over power and prevent possible abuse in principle good. But not what this idea has become at the time of the event DA. Mages are practically deprived of the right to human life, they recognize only as a tool/weapon that is afraid of losing (the state of the mages will survive for long), and only because of this reluctantly allow to exist. Not to live.

Why take away children from parents like ordinary people, and the mages only remember Wynn, who talks about his child, which immediately seized, and more about his destiny she is practically unknown, or parents of Anders, who was threatened with jail if they try to learn something about his son... And it is a common practice. As the families of the rebellious mages, Templars just cut out for any help the apostate (if not connected).

Why mages can't have a family? To not breed? Very silly - first of all, mages are born and perfectly ordinary families, and secondly, mages need the state - where without them, in fact that?

Why not bring mages in special schools, but not to forbid them contact with loved ones? Afford to live, let them under supervision, but human life? The more that parents are mages themselves well able to help educate a child (Vaughn, Bethany like nobody complained?) Not to convince them (and others) that magic dirt and a curse, and mages outcast who hates the Creator, and to recognize every place in life? And the number of suicides among magicians, I think, declined sharply to, if they support a loved one and not Sosnovy that the whole world is against them...

And what's going on in Kirkwall - it is lawlessness. And why is it that so many years had continued all this dirt, but no one scratched? Something wrong, probably, if all sorts of scoundrels the years, abusing official position, but no way to legally oppose this in fact is not - all the rights of the opposing party. Here indeed, perhaps, the entire system should be changed...

By the way, in many ways, big changes are coming, and changes associated with magic as such. Well, still on the nose a few wars. In principle, a good opportunity for magicians to put their own terms - either you reconsider our position, or you can throw the enemy mages dog shit instead of fireball. And indiscriminate suppression will not pass here, for the pacification of the MAG - it is, in fact, not a magician, in combat use is zero (otherwise, I suspect mages would already pacified all in a row).

In General, wait for the third part, we will see that we have changed and what it led to. And yet one thing is clear - the current system has stalled, and its collapse was a foregone conclusion - could only delay the inevitable. Unless all unite in the face of the coming Apocalypse)

S
Solarpower 22.03.20

Angel_Trent
And because of it, too. Blood magic involves the regular services of demons.
Does not include.
A bunch of blood Magic+Demons turns out just because to ask the demons to learn blood magic — the fastest way to study it. =) To get rid of the factors forcing the mages to resort to blood magic is already a part of the problems disappeared.

It's their choice.
Choice whether ? We don't know.
Here's how to do YES n in Tevinter, then, perhaps, we learn that there and as.
(You'll see, out of nowhere will come out Andraste and lead a new army to finish off the remaining, supposedly free tevinters mages. ^_^)

A
Arina3D 22.03.20

To Templar, and not just any other magician, became obsessed, the mage must infuse the demon violently.
Well, then mages to blame... so in the bodies of the demons they inspire, and in dogs and cats. Won cat Anders Posistion mad and kill Templar - I assume that this mean Anders experimented on him to merge with the spirits? Nowhere does it say that demons do NOT dwell in ordinary people. Just turn to them more desirable prey is a fact.

In General, wait for the third part, we will see that we have changed and what it led to. And yet one thing is clear - the current system has stalled, and its collapse was a foregone conclusion - could only delay the inevitable.
I fully agree with Ellewilde. Orsino had hoped in vain that everything will go by itself. Meredith (and even obsessed) would eat him and all the mages in the end guts. They still do not understand, but Anders understood. And stay in the game an alternative to the explosion of the Church, the players could see it - then very few people would resent his uncompromising nature.

w
whiterat 22.03.20

Ellewilde
And wants it
And does it depend on his desires? The fate of Fannies would be a really bad one not to tuck him ready to help GG.

But not what this idea has become at the time of the event DA. Mages are practically deprived of the right to human life, they recognize only as a tool/weapon that is afraid of losing (the state of the mages will survive for long), and only because of this reluctantly allow to exist. Not to live.
I do not know. Do not I have formed the impression that there all so badly, even kill.
In the war for the liberation of Ferelden of Severan and Wilhelm quietly helped the warring parties despite the fact that the circle kept the neutrality. The Church was perfectly well aware, but anything against them is not taken. After this, William also quietly settled in Honlite and started a family. And his son, who also, apparently, a magician, no one to harass in no hurry.
Connor never prohibited from seeing loved ones, and then sent to study science in Tevinter. For falling out of the Circle Wynne and Finn the temple run too, by the way, not in a hurry.
Yes, even the same Anders seven escape attempts, not pacified, not executed and not even planted in Eonar. And renegade Bethany is also nothing doing, although, in theory, should have been.

And what's going on in Kirkwall - it is lawlessness. And why is it that so many years had continued all this dirt, but no one scratched? Something wrong, probably, if all sorts of scoundrels the years, abusing official position, but no way to legally oppose this in fact is not - all the rights of the opposing party.
There's blame the genius who decided to make it a circle. In Kirkwall because of what they were doing there tevinters masters, a very thin veil and because the roof goes even ordinary people, not to mention the mages. In the circle always have successfully passed the torture of mages was less, but the blood mages and possessed more than in other circles. The temple therefore began to press stronger mages is, of course, did not like and they resisted and went-went...

mages need the state - where without them, in fact that?
Well, we're at home and no magicians doing a great job.))))

E
Ellewilde 22.03.20

whiterat
The fate of Fannies would be a really bad one not to tuck him ready to help GG
Vanriel have a wild mage, untrained. And learn to avoid demons and to resist them - it is necessary.

After this, William also quietly settled in Honlite and started a family
This is strange, because the position of the other mages is quite different.
And we have Connor - son of Earl. Try to his father, threatened with jail for communicating with her son. What about children of commoners?
Generally there are widespread inconsistencies between the General provisions of the Laura and the situation with the individual characters. And GG so far may go across - he can do anything.

There's blame the genius who decided to make it a circle
I know. But the solution is not to move the Circle, and apply the Right Destruction (and without the knowledge of a local lady) was very original... And it could be implemented, among other things.

Well, we're at home and no magicians doing a great job.))))
We have neighbors who have assets in magic) position of the States with nuclear weapons surrounded by countries it has, too, in which case it is not particularly profitable)

R
RAGE_GTX 22.03.20

In a dispute between two parties looking for the third in this case is the Church it is necessary to overthrow, and the conflict will resolve itself.

w
whiterat 22.03.20

Ellewilde
Vanriel have a wild mage, untrained.
A circle is the recognition, by the way, the Anders is the only place where a mage can normally be trained to control their powers.

What about children of commoners?
Have not seen the information about them. Although perhaps overlooked.

But the solution is not to move the Circle, and apply the Right Destruction (and without the knowledge of a local lady) was very original...
Kind of like Meredith sent a request for the Right of Destruction already in the Shaft of Royo. Those who are sitting there, powers would be maybe more than a local ruler.
And she announced this right when the local mistress for objective reason are no longer needed in the placing know.)

And they say that the quests in Sebastian on the subject has a lot of information. Better go...

And it could be implemented, among other things.
Was implemented.) When choosing hawk on the side of the mages Circle, as far as I know, cut completely. If you support the Templars, it is possible to save someone.