3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
U
U-Rock 22.03.20 07:19 pm

Mages, Templars or neutral? (Dragon Age 2)

sobstno who chose?? and the sales of the XS.. and those right and those wrong..
220 Comments
Sort by:
A
Arina3D 22.03.20

The fate of Fannies would be a really bad one not to tuck him ready to help GG
Vanriel have a wild mage, untrained. And learn to avoid demons and to resist them - it is necessary.
Not only that: he's some kind of extremely rare the dreamer, for which all the demons are at loggerheads. Over the same Connor there was no fight, and no demon didn't attack him, if the boy himself in trouble, not climbed!

Well, we're at home and no magicians doing a great job.))))
We have neighbors who have assets in magic)
So. And the inhabitants of Thedas are qunari with their gunpowder and (as it turned out) poison gas. Try it against people with bow and spear to go... it's kind of like with sword in the tanks!

In a dispute between two parties looking for the third in this case is the Church it is necessary to overthrow
The same aventicum the Church does not interfere. To overthrow, you do not need to be reformed. And Altino do not mind: either she really was as dumb as a stump and didn't see where this is going - either cheated biding their time, waiting to see who odlee to support the winner. Both for leaders of religious organizations do not have a gut.

A
Arina3D 22.03.20

A circle is the recognition, by the way, the Anders is the only place where a mage can normally be trained to control their powers.
Well, how many poor old Anders was still seen in my short life except for this Circle? Out ask Ketocona - he is quite satisfied with the level of training of magic in Kuna. But Bethany or Merrill one mention about these studies in a faint would fall.

S
Solarpower 22.03.20

Арина3D
Nowhere does it say that demons do NOT dwell in ordinary people. Just turn to them more desirable prey is a fact.
Strange, but says. In the quest about the salvation of the missing Templar.

w
whiterat 22.03.20

Over the same Connor there was no fight, and no demon didn't attack him, if the boy himself in trouble, not climbed!
And he didn't. The demon appeared in a dream, promised to help his father, Connor agreed and we have what we have.

And the inhabitants of Thedas are qunari with their gunpowder and (as it turned out) poison gas. Try it against people with bow and spear to go... it's kind of like with sword in the tanks!
And what prevents to develop a similar weapon? Dwarves out there explosives is not worse. If you include the brain actively engaged in research...

In General, the situation there is from the category of Whoever Wins...We Lose. Anders safely destroyed hope for at least as peaceful outcome and will all likely either that past life seem a Paradise earth mages, or the transformation of Thedas in Tevinter 2.0. IMHO, both options are extremely unattractive.
Well, or biovars'll think of some more global attack, compared with which is going to matter. But nobody could tell for sure is impossible.)

R
RAGE_GTX 22.03.20

Арина3D
The same aventicum the Church does not interfere. To overthrow, you do not need to be reformed. And Altino do not mind: either she really was as dumb as a stump and didn't see where this is going - either cheated biding their time, waiting to see who odlee to support the winner. Both for leaders of religious organizations do not have a gut.
Meaning the undivided Church with the state (which is generally not gut) the bollee that it appeared to create the ideology of a new Empire (olesinski) and not for people. As for tevinter just they were able to change it radially (this has changed only the role of oppressors and oppressed).The point is, institutions such as the Church(both empires), the cult of the seven gods and kun with their ideologies lead to conflict and the troubles in thedas
Edit
Nowhere does it say that demons do NOT dwell in ordinary people. Just turn to them more desirable prey is a fact.
And Sophia Dryden confirms this

E
Ellewilde 22.03.20

whiterat
A circle is the recognition, by the way, the Anders is the only place where a mage can normally be trained to control their powers.
First, Anders did not see in life there is no alternative.) And secondly, again, I say - against the Circle, as a community of magicians, in principle, have nothing. And necessary to educate, and to look - but not to deprive of the right to human life.

Kind of like Meredith sent a request for the Right of Destruction already in the Shaft of Royo. Those who are sitting there, powers would be maybe more than a local ruler.
Here I am about this. Sent, behind the lady, and Anders, by the way, certainly knew about it - the Templars talk about it openly. Just like that: I don't like the local Magi - cut them all the roots, including children... the Horror of the situation of mages is that they are completely dependent on who put them on to supervise, and in which case at any time any of them can turn into a vegetable or even destroy it, if the leadership deems it necessary. Appeal they can't serve.

Was implemented.) When choosing hawk on the side of the mages Circle, as far as I know, cut completely
Cut. As the rebels. And going - just in case. And save a few lives for the sake of the others remain completely dependent on the Church and the Templars, at the risk of being in power is another moral monster - I don't know... Rebellious mages basically knew what was going on and the risk. And for what - too.

And he didn't. The demon appeared in a dream, promised to help his father, Connor agreed and we have what we have.
Connor is still, incidentally, in the bad books fumbled, which Jovan from him hid. And the demon is actually lure.

In General, the situation there is from the category of Whoever Wins...We Lose
It =(

Well, or biovars'll think of some more global attack, compared with which is going to matter
But it is more than likely) On it and I hope, in General))

p
pashalet 22.03.20

people fear mages because mages are strong. and not even because they do not understand what to expect. mages are afraid because any of them is a potential demon. with a kind of gray-haired intellectual, or pretty alpacka. five minutes later, it turns out that in their house the basement is clogged rotting corpses.

uncomfortable to live next to the man, aware that every second he can turn into a hungry, monstrous demon? and let's face it - in DAO and DA2 a lot of examples where seemingly innocuous mages were the demon-possessed creatures. even the sweet and naive ninny-maleficar Merrill substitutes the friends of the demon, and in my version, without regret, went under the knife.

a thug takes your wallet. crazed Templar - life. but MAG if it will take away the soul.

so the Circle is still very humane ; )

R
RAGE_GTX 22.03.20

pashalet
a thug takes your wallet. crazed Templar - life. but MAG if it will take away the soul.
First: the soul takes only a demon, the magician can only bewitch the mind with blood magic
Second, the number of possessed more because of this, samogo circle
Third, not only mages can be slaves of the demons (they're just more desirable for them, because of the ability. especially, find them not so difficult all in a circle sit)))
Fourth, by your logic, you need to ucitati everything that can cause harmful interference. Then you need to kill all who have the weapons, Yes there are kitchen knives and dangerous, kill all the cooks!!!)))

V
Vagrand 22.03.20

went for the mages, the second time, too, for mages pass.
pashalet your logic really need to destroy everything that is dangerous, potentially, as said RAGE_GTX. And if so, then you need people with power and leadership to destroy. Take the same Logeyna, he in short, had almost destroyed the whole World. And Detention is also on a leash it is necessary to leave a few pieces in the pen for breeding and only use them when the plague comes, and so let them while under supervision will be, and then you never know, suddenly the abomination of what they will think of next, or suddenly they want power and influence they have more than mages and Templars together. It is that magic that a simple word is just a tool and how to use it depends on who uses it, as the sword is raised and to attack and for protection. And in General: “the Spear is raised to protect the weak and the oppressed, will sooner or later rise and innocent.”

p
pashalet 22.03.20

the soul takes only a demon, the magician can only bewitch the mind - Oh, really? how about the fact that the magician can sell you the demon to instill it in you to make you his helpless toy? the same in General.

not only mages can be slaves of the demons - read the Code. initially, the demon is in the Shade. ordinary people there can't enter (with the exception of spiritual held again a mage). so a demon dwell in the broader Shadow mage goes through it to the real world - and only then takes control of innocent people.

then you need to kill all who have the weapons - again, with armed men is a simple and clear ways of dealing. having the force of law, can cope with any gang and even the army. to cope with the demons and possessed - a problem for the residents of DA PTS. complex. in most cases - an impossible (this, of course, not about Your overinflated GG ;))

P. S. dear, and please stop playing on the theme of poor magicians are forced to resort to blood magic to protect themselves from injustice! nonsense, lies and provocation. well pumped round in the MAG and without any MG is a real death machine. blood magic is taught for a different reason. MORE POWER! MORE! MORE! I'M GONNA BE THE COOLEST!! MUAH HA HA!!! simply put, the magician realizes that he is head and shoulders above ordinary soldiers and can click their dozens. but he LITTLE. he wants to be stronger than other mages, the strongest of all. and it is this blind lust for power leads him into the Shadows. and in the Shadow sits a demon. which of these cool a hundred times a day for Breakfast eats. And voila - one in the world obsessed with more, and the Templars has to clear this shit. shitting mages often and with pleasure. clean up to them it is unpleasant and dangerous. besides the Templars (to withstand the battle with the mages) you have to consume hazardous lirium. naturally - all the Templar is extremely annoying. and does not encourage a friendly dialogue. accordingly, the creeps are not devoid of common sense thought: what... the hell... I have their lives and psyche to protect the world from evil Maleficarum? is not it easier to destroy the source of the corruption once and for all? in General, in this context, it is logical.

A
Arina3D 22.03.20

Oh, really? how about the fact that the magician can sell you the demon to instill it in you to make you his helpless toy? the same in General.
Do not remember any similar case in the game. If you don't count the Keran or Cullen, which, although subjected to pressure from MK, but still possessed did not. So forced to inspire demon no you can't - if you yourself did not agree.

not only mages can be slaves of the demons - read the Code. initially, the demon is in the Shade. ordinary people there can't get in
You have been asked several times - what about Sophia Dryden, who had no magical abilities and quarreling with Cavernosa of introduction TO her demon? How she snagged him?
Perhaps the code DE2, and say that the demons possess mortal bodies only through the mediation of the Magi - but in deo clearly stated that they can dwell in anyone - even in the trees (remember the Silvan and the talking tree) and animals (remember the obsessed Positiona and a cat who tried to seize the girl from DLTS with Sheila). Or, these trees and cats also endowed with magical powers?

p
pashalet 22.03.20

Арина3D

[mage can sell you demon... make him weak-willed toy?] - I do not remember any such case - without thinking, without hesitation: aristocrat-magichka ordered the demoness family Sebastian. in the dialogue, the demoness speaks directly to her what else can you offer me? in fact his family you have already given me. the floor above - a distraught family who have lost will and under the complete control of the succubus. ie - MAG come in contact with a demon, falls under his influence and gives to the amusement of the devil, his family and servants. GG don't stop this lovely little lady with a rod - succubus would get more and more control until, until the whole of Starhaven wouldn't be under her power.

You have been asked several times - what about Sophia Dryden - plz specify, where exactly he turned to me with this question? I am particularly pleased by the way in local debaters - when the merits have nothing to object to, immediately begin the search for small particulars and exceptions to blur the issue.

A
Arina3D 22.03.20

aristocrat-magichka ordered the demoness family Sebastian. in the dialogue, the demoness speaks directly to her what else can you offer me? in fact his family you have already given me
I do not remember that it was different (then why isn't she in the Circle, one wonders?), but gave it is not literally the same! I understand that it is hocus loved some drink, but not enough of demons and did not hold them in someone's body. None of them became obsessed, and after the death of the demoness (one for all, by the way) ran and chatted as if nothing had happened. Note: demoness are unable to use the body of any of them! Similarly, in deo we see Templar fooled by demoness, who considers her his wife. There is close and no wizards near them. However, they preminence talked together. And there the temple was full, obsessed by the way. Girl from DLTS with Sheila (as I said) communicated with a demon possessed a cat nor an animal nor a girl, as I understand it, mages were not. That is obviously to communicate with demons can not only mages!
Again, I repeat: in my opinion the hype around strong preference that's magicians to communicate with demons is artificially inflated. It is clear that the enraged mage, throw all the fire - the phenomenon is not pleasant, and this case is far more dangerous than the enraged farmer with a pitchfork. But just as infuriated the farmer more dangerous than a rabid kitten. Mages are afraid of it because of their combat potential, and not because of their special exposure to demons.

S
Solarpower 22.03.20

pashalet
nonsense, lies and provocation. well pumped round in the MAG and without any MG is a real death machine. blood magic is taught for a different reason. MORE POWER! MORE! MORE! I'M GONNA BE THE COOLEST!! MUAH HA HA!!! simply put, the magician realizes that he is head and shoulders above ordinary soldiers and can click their dozens. but he LITTLE. he wants to be stronger than other mages, the strongest of all. and it is this blind lust for power leads him into the Shadows. and in the Shadow sits a demon. which of these cool a hundred times a day for Breakfast eats
These magicians do in Tevinter. But all the rest, sitting in a Circle not up to it , but still, they resorted to blood magic, that would be out of the Circle to escape.
If anything, it is not so prohibited, this is prohibited the magic of blood : remember how runaway mages are caught. That's right — in their blood, samples of which where there are stored. Similarly, in DA2 you the quest to find mom HS pass. Or do you think that it is not blood magic ? ^_^

Арина3D
Mages are afraid of it because of their combat potential, and not because of their special exposure to demons.
That's just the game disagree with you. XD
No one ever (not counting the jokes from DA:O about witches turning people into frogs, but it stresses the fact that Wizards and Witches are considered to be different classes) in the game does not say that afraid of mages, because : the list is terrible cool spells. But 1000 and 1 times that I'm afraid of mages due to the fact that they can be possessed by a demon. Point. No other reason the game is not reported.

D
Docya 22.03.20

Solarpower
About the quest in search of the mother when her Quentin stole, you're wrong.It is not blood magic,and the usual traces of blood that he left.

S
Solarpower 22.03.20

He
About the quest in search of the mother when her Quentin stole, you're wrong.It is not blood magic,and the usual traces of blood that he left.
If you save a life, Dupuy and to look for Mama GG with it, he will use blood magic to search. =)

D
Docya 22.03.20

Well, it's as an alternative.I always kill and was looking for blood stains in the lower city alone without magic)

J
Joey Jordison Superball 22.03.20

Yesterday was a game. Chose neutral, but Meredith said I have to take someone's side, stood up for the mages.

A
Angel_Trent 22.03.20

Арина3D
Mages are afraid of it because of their combat potential, and not because of their special exposure to demons.
Mages I'm afraid, as due to demons and because of the potential, IMHO, but it is related. You possess the demon in Templar, a peasant with a pitchfork or cat, particularly the new features it receives. Except that the world will look and sword waving. But you possess the demon mage... He gets access to magic that can triple, and digging in forbidden literature, he such wood prick that only hold on to the drawers.

Blood magic is evil in the universe TE. Normal magicians are afraid of MK. It plays like GG is not taken into account, there is of course, possible to pump health to party members not to eat. )) But history shows that almost all wizards that access MK make deals with demons. The exception is that Dupuis(used the blood to track the killer, can not remember the specific help from the demon) and the guy who saves brother\sister Hawk of frenzied grace. But it is rather exceptions to the rule. Tevinter dabble with demons, even naive Merrill urged the demon to clear the mirror(there would have to go look for lyrium for a long time too, you know), Orsino decided that the invocation of Cthulhu homebrew something will help someone...

R
RAGE_GTX 22.03.20

pashalet
Well I will say one thing these magicians Quentin, Decimus - diskreditiert all magicians(moreover they deserve to die X_X), but still Templar worse because they serve the Church(and the Church is evil). Creating a circle of mages where each mage enters at birth(or as soon as you find them), they make enemies of society(in most but not always)See the mage of the circle bereft of family, freedom peredvizheniya, freedom of religion, freedom relations, it is constantly threatened by the risk of being killed and he is at the mercy of people who hate him (In most of them) and most of do not uses blood magic.
Now answer wanted to be a mage of the circle(no one chooses whether to be a mage they are born)?