3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RUStam 26.09.21 08:02 pm

The hardest levels in Far Cry (Far Cry)

There are definitely levels in Far Cry, because of which you lost a lot of time and blood, did not sleep at night, read the walkthroughs, and so on. Here you can write these levels (preferably up to 4).
My hated levels:
1. Archive
2. Catacombs
3. Dam
4. Volcano
And what levels did you find difficult?
207 Comments
Sort by:
z
zedy 26.09.21

stupidly I can not get through (((((it's a pity to hit the computer dear ..

z
zedy 26.09.21

I don't have time to take off everyone, someone hits my head, it turned out to fly over this gate and all the same the sniper took out a

reptile ) I solved the problem by temporarily setting dave mode))) then turned it off ..

z
zedy 26.09.21

There is a patch 1.4, but in it the doors do not open automatically ((so I play 1.1 .... Windows 7 x64

J
JetRanger 26.09.21

zedy
patch 1.4 is, but in it the doors do not open automatically.
There also opponents see you through some walls. So you're right about not using 1.4.

PS: And I go through that trip with the help of quixaves (I don't use them anywhere else).

z
zedy 26.09.21

Traigen
just got used to the standard, passed it many times .. somehow put 1.4. but here you have to press the key, it's not usual)

z
zedy 26.09.21

by the way, how does anyone relate to improved textures (patch)? .... as for me, the textures are not improved, but simply changed, and not for the better ..

J
JetRanger 26.09.21

Traigen
The problem with visibility has long been resolved.
Do you mean your homemade fix that you once posted in one of the forum topics? It's a good thing (since then I have a Far with patch 1.4 and your fix), but it seems that I was the only one who managed to download it then. True, I heard about some other unofficial patch, but, apparently, very few people know about it either. So it's easier to say "Don't use patch 1.4" and that's it.

zedy
Improved textures in the patch? The first time I've heard. Maybe he just didn't notice them.

z
zedy 26.09.21

I meant the AMD64 Exclusive Content Update patch with new textures, but only they are worse than the old ones ..

p
poylak 26.09.21

on the volcano they kill me 15 times. But I make trigenes in three brushes

S
Serze 26.09.21

Shoot down a helicopter - "Cargo Ship"

-
-SlashuuR- 26.09.21

I will write the moments that seemed the most difficult on Realistic and on which I died a lot: Entrance to the laboratory cave; The entire night level, where we need to steal the thermal imager; Spetsnaz, which disembarks from a helicopter after a computer breakdown; A huge dark room with a bunch of enemies, a bazooka player and a sniper; Rise of the mutants; The whole level is River; Chase in the Swamp, where you need not to miss even once in 5 shots and not to merge from the sniper; The entire Volcano level.

And these are moments that most people consider difficult, but I went through them without difficulty, or else I was just lucky: Spetsnaz with shields, where we are given G36 for the first time; Boss Helicopter Crowe; Nuclear warhead protection; Dam (I did not feel it at all, having run all the way without stopping).

-
-SlashuuR- 26.09.21

K0tanski
No, I passed FarKray more than once more than 10 years ago, but I tried it on Realistic just now.

-
-SlashuuR- 26.09.21

K0tanski
In fact, the whole pulp of the game lies in the last level of difficulty, from a typical walk around the FarKray Islands turns into a real sweaty hell. In the process of passing, I really had to sweat a lot, and at some points (that very chase in the Swamp, only a select few would master it) it generally seemed that there would be no patience and I would have to reduce the difficulty. Yes, many years of the game did the trick and I felt at ease, because I was used to the instant aggression of the enemy and death from 1 shot of the enemy. Such moments would certainly have scared away 10 years ago.
Now there are only positive impressions, a kind of beautiful technological nostalgia + a small challenge for yourself.
PS Here someone nominated, I will put the plus signs)

A
Alexey Chichigin 26.09.21

For me, the most difficult level was the one with the Crowe helicopter. But Vulcan did not deliver any difficulties, a bazooka and a machine gun with 100 rounds and 300 spare rounds solved a lot.

G
Grandshot 26.09.21

Yes, there is nothing difficult on realistic) I have already completed the game three times at this difficulty level. Well, yes, the deaths were constant, but it didn't bother me like that) The rule, to shoot at opponents before you see them, works great.
But I never mastered the K0tanski mod. The level of the factory turned out to be simply insurmountable for me because of the seriously "wiser" mercenaries) Either they destroy the loader with grenades, or they squeeze it in the elevator, and you won't get out no matter how you twist and trick)

D
DiosMuerto 26.09.21

The only ass that I rested on is a forest with monsters without weapons

J
JetRanger 26.09.21

All such masters, then the Dam is difficult for them, then the rail moment in the Swamp ...)) And about the very beginning of the Volcano, almost no one mentions. I can only get through this nasty hall on the N-th attempt (usually patience ends earlier - either the grenade launcher will ruin everything, then the others will pile up in a crowd at the entrance. In general, what did the level designers think about when they did this level? No tactical superiority for the player! And this despite the fact that I have played this game a thousand times, no other moment of it gives such trouble.

J
JetRanger 26.09.21

K0tanski
Eh, no, I'm not talking about the crater. The crater at least gives room for maneuver - the main thing, indeed, is to remove the jumpers first of all, or hide in the airlock from the edge. The elite hall at the very beginning of the level in front of Krieger is a real pain in the ass!

J
JetRanger 26.09.21

K0tanski Shotguns
means ... "Yes, there is something in this." (c) After all, rifle grenades distract them, there must be a secret in this.

G
Gauguin 26.09.21

Still Vulcan. From the beginning to the end.