3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
RUStam 26.09.21 08:02 pm

The hardest levels in Far Cry (Far Cry)

There are definitely levels in Far Cry, because of which you lost a lot of time and blood, did not sleep at night, read the walkthroughs, and so on. Here you can write these levels (preferably up to 4).
My hated levels:
1. Archive
2. Catacombs
3. Dam
4. Volcano
And what levels did you find difficult?
207 Comments
Sort by:
J
JetRanger 26.09.21

Jack Carver.
Dumazzo, in order to become a corpse in realism, you do not have to burst into the crowd. ))
Personally, the most problems for me (in a good sense of the word) are caused by mutants, although they do without AI at all. At one time, many players were dissatisfied with the presence of tribes in the game. But for me, this is how they add variety and dynamics to the gameplay. And if there are a lot of them, funny (but not stupid) meat begins!

FarCry is generally well built in terms of the load on the player:
- First, you fight with the yardsticks (Training - Enter the lab), you get used to the game.
- Then they give the first portion of small mutants (Laboratories - Bunker), after which they return to the measurements. Like, this was a warm-up, and at the same time something new.
- Then the tribes directly flood the levels (Control Center - Incubator), plus new species of them enter the arena. And "the fun begins!" (c)
- Having made our way through the Incubator, we get a well-deserved "smoke break" in the company of the good old standards, again in the lap of nature.
- Gradually, the measurements begin to get steeper and steeper, not allowing you to relax and preparing for the furious Volcano. Mutants will still "flash" once in the Catacombs, but nevertheless you have time to rest from them.
- Dam and Volcano ... A kind of finishing spurt. I love this famous mochilovo in the crater of the volcano. )) He was still Tsevat Yerli, following the public's lead, "recognized" as the most unfortunate moment in the game (they say, they were in a hurry to release FarCry before Half-Life 2 and Doom 3, did not have time to finalize).

In short, the gameplay direction is what you need. IMHO, it is better in FarCry than in its masterpiece peers - Half-Life2 and Doom3. In Half, it is normal, sometimes boring, in Duma it is rather monotonous, but in Fara everything is well balanced. Where necessary - give in to the heat, where necessary - slow down.

F
Funny cat 26.09.21

Comrades, the question is certainly not the topic, but does anyone know if mutants are expected in the third Far Cry? I googled but didn't find an answer, asked questions on the local forum, but didn't get an answer either :( Anyone in the thread about this question?

J
JetRanger 26.09.21

One of the developers of FarCry3 said bluntly that they would not have any unreal fiction.

F
Funny cat 26.09.21

Traigen, JetRanger
Thank you very much, now I'm calm, boldly walk by.

G
Gauguin 26.09.21

JetRanger
IMHO, it is better in FarCry than in its masterpiece peers - Half-Life2 and Doom3.
I have Far Cry and Half-Life 2 somewhere on the same level, only the headlights are smarter, more complex, prettier and a little more interesting (about interestingness, IMHO) of Half.
Well, I also really like Doom 3 with Painkiller, but they are far behind the headlight and the halfs (IMHO)
In Half it is normal, it is boring, in Duma it is rather monotonous, but in Fara everything is well balanced.
I agree. The headlight is constantly in suspense. Halfa - with drops. But Halfa is also a masterpiece.

T
T0shik-Toshik 26.09.21

At each level in the barracks, I noticed one incomprehensible map of something in some area or something. Maybe you know this one?

d
denk28 26.09.21

the most difficult levels are the regulator (because at first nifiga could not get through), the cargo ship (because of the crowe until he developed a 100% method of breaking his helicopter), the control center (this level makes me feel creepy and claustrophobic) and the dam ( 10 rounds and a bunch of mutants and even a mess at the volcano)

J
JetRanger 26.09.21

denk28
and the dam (10 rounds and a bunch of mutants and even a mess at the volcano)
For me, the "Volcano" is much more difficult than the "Dam", I never manage to pass it without dying. And in the "Dam" and there are shelters, and long distances are safer.
I don't pick up that machine gun with 10 rounds, - it slows down, - and then in the grove below I run through the bushes so that the trigens lose sight of me. I start cleaning the slope of the volcano from afar, with the help of optics, so it's easier later. In short, not too hard - the end of the "Factory", for example, is more difficult.

In the "Vulcan", there are continuous problems: first, the rocket launcher is among the elite guards (go and find him on time), then Krieger in the company of elites, then in the crater 4 jumpers must be taken out at once ... This level is definitely the toughest nut to crack. of all.

d
denk28 26.09.21

it's not the same for everybody. personally, I cannot sneak so that the mutants do not notice me (with mercenaries it rolls),
but the fact that they kill is not scary (it makes me think even more about improving tactics),
and a krieger can be killed in 5 seconds (with a p90 in the head a clip)

J
JetRanger 26.09.21

denk28
I can’t sneak so that the mutants don’t notice me.
Sooner or later they notice you like that, but the trick is that they can also lose sight of you if you run away from them precisely through the bushes and all sorts of relief folds there. They will persecute, but not as quickly as if they saw you directly. In this "episode" the main thing is to control your movement, i.e. know when to hesitate, when to jerk off, and where to jerk. You can still leave the pebbles, if necessary, but I rarely came in handy.

Krieger can be killed in 5 seconds
: D, it happens. But I do not always succeed in this (not to mention the fact that the first time). It depends on how lucky you are.

J
John Lokk 26.09.21

The ending is difficult and a couple of places where you don't immediately notice the grenade launchers. In general, I had to tinker most of all on the volcano, but a sniper and a machine gun decide. You just can't break through, because well-aimed jumpers are incredible. And then when the guards met me at Doyle's, I was shocked. So he shot everyone with rockets across the bridge without approaching, but threw grenades. And there is also a moment in the tomb when a fork into two rooms in one exit and a mochilovo, and in the other a bug with traigens.

P
PG ... PG never changes 26.09.21

The much-praised dam turned out to be easy. On the second try I found the right path and ran without damage (although if the number of enemies increases with increasing difficulty, then this is due to the fact that I played at medium difficulty). because, as I said, I played at medium difficulty (for the first playthrough - just right). On the next playthrough I will try to put the difficulty higher.

L
Last Engineer 26.09.21

After the appearance of mutants: get to the library or archive. By this time, I had run out of grenades for the bazooka, and the assault rifle in the second half of the game amuses opponents

d
denk28 26.09.21

Last Engineer 2077
and what is the shotgun for? I always keep it as a last resort. he will kill fat men with 3-5 shots, if point-blank, of course, and in the head.

H
HBR7 26.09.21

The volcano for me then was something unrealistically difficult, I thought that I would die 10 times before passing, but nevertheless I sweated and walked through and killed the main villain :)

U
ULTR19 26.09.21

1. The "Incubator" level, or rather the moment when a fat man is taxiing around the corner in a half-flooded corridor.
2. The end of the level "Cargo ship", where you need to shoot down the helicopter in which Crowe is sitting.
3. Level "Volcano" - fight with mutants in the crater.

Here, last week for about the sixth time passed, a wonderful igrulya: 3 "Dam", by the way, is very light.

J
JetRanger 26.09.21

HBR7
I thought I would die 10 times before I went through
I finished FarCry for the hundredth time yesterday, on the "veteran", and still at the very beginning of the "Volcano" died 20 times in a row. Then he realized that retreating to the column nearest to the door after a couple of frags gives extra seconds, and the chances of having time to overwhelm the grenade launcher increase. The main thing is, at first, not to let yourself be seen, to hide behind the columns and to lure the guards to you, until the grenade launcher also catches this trick. After that, it is already easier to finish off the remnants.

For Krieger, too, the main thing is that no one has time to see you. The AI ​​in the Farah is not bad in general, but here the security slows down if he hears your shooting nearby, without seeing you yourself.

ULTR19
Point 1 - then throw a flash drive in front of him, and that's all. You can even just insolently slip in front of him while he yells his battle cry. ))
Point 2 - press Tab: "DO NOT run into the bow of the ship!" We meet Crowe, sitting in a jeep on the shore.
Point 3 - it is easy to clear the crater, sitting in the entrance lock with a machine gun at the ready.

PS: By the way, it's strange that in this thread nobody mentions that short rail trip with Valerie. In theory, this is a very difficult part of the game (and not in a good way) - this is the only place where I still use Quicksave.

d
denk28 26.09.21

JetRanger
and what's so difficult? the main thing is to shoot down the helicopter and that's it. and cars and machine guns will explode if you don't hit the driver earlier. for me at the moment the most difficult levels are the control center and the level where the ruins are Indian.

J
JetRanger 26.09.21

denk28 to
shoot down the main helicopter and
that's it. This alone is quite difficult. I mean, good luck.

machines and machine guns will explode
But if you hammer them with your machine gun, they will have time to crush you out of theirs. Better to treat them with a rocket. And, sobsno, these persecutors are not a problem. It is much more difficult to hit a stationary target with a rocket - a woman is behind the wheel, the jeep jerks back and forth, knocking down the sight, and it is not so easy to catch the calm between the jerks.

the control center and the level where the ruins are Indian
And in what moments is it problematic? It seems that there is enough room for maneuvers, unlike the rooms of the "Volcano".

d
denk28 26.09.21

JetRanger
Yes, when I first passed these levels at night when I was 7 years old, I still go through the center looking back and forth (the enemy can come up from behind).