3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
ACE 30.10.21 08:52 pm

Prey (from Arkane Studios)

Genre - Action-Adventure / FPS / RPG
Developer - Arkane Studios
Publisher - Bethesda Softworks
Development Leader - Raphaël Colantonio
Designer - Ricardo Bare
Scriptwriter - Chris Avellone, Ricardo Bare
Composer - Mick Gordon
Engine - CryEngine
Platforms - Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
Release Date - May 5, 2017

The first preview from Gamemag without spoilers - http://gamemag.ru/specials/117013/prevyu-prey-nashi-pervye-vpechatleniya-bez-spoylerov

Second preview from Gamemag without spoilers (NEW) - http://gamemag.ru/specials/118215/prodolzhaem-igrat-v-novyy-prey-bez-spoylerov

Demo will be released on April 27

124 Comments
Sort by:
C
Charmander 30.10.21

Races - who will add verticals on consoles (or simply by making a game of 10 fps) apparently continues, the developers do not learn anything.

S
Smitt 30.10.21

I could not resist and cleaned everything I could in the demo, looked at the skills and possible upgrades, and after that my opinion about the gameplay even changed a little. The game is really similar to such a kind of linear sandbox - there is no pass for the door, so look for another way to open it, it is almost always there (to shoot a button from a toy crossbow or knock out the screen from the closet with another closet), you cannot deal with the enemy (on hard hurts) - climb onto the ventilation / lamps and go around or sweep them (and then, judging by the skills, there will also be a semblance of stealth).

This whole chip with the interactivity of objects is also cool - any garbage can be used as a weapon (there are sales skills for this) or fill up the door with a cabinet and shoot everyone through a small hole, although there is a minus - the control of the object in the hands is done in the most miserable way.

All of the above is very interesting to do, but I'm afraid that this can turn into a set of very trivial actions due to the very primitive design. The part of the level shown in the demo gives very few reasons for using the game's chips and they are so simple that, in some places, you want to put your hand to your face ... I hope that this is just an educational part of the game and then everything will be much more thoughtful and interesting ...

ps did anyone find codes for safes and a way to get into closed offices in honey. compartment?

m
musicant 30.10.21

On 04/27/2017 at 06:13, Grindders said:

Combat with mimics. The preview gave the impression that meetings with them would be filled with cool suspense. That you will need to carefully monitor objects, notice changes in the situation and, in general, be in a state of tension all the time. However, in the game, all objects into which the mimic is incorporated begin to twitch violently. And figs you will understand, the physics engine is so buggy (but again, how was this missed in the demo?) Or a feature for casuals.

I set the difficulty to max and when the mimic jumped, most of the hp was taken away, which made the passage cautious. for me, on the contrary, facial expressions add tension and I like how they freeze from concrete in motion.) And there are a lot of chips. A lot of details, looking at the pumping and wandering around the level, it becomes clear that there will be a lot of options for passing. But I want to shoot better

Played the demo. From the point of view of the idea - everything is very, very cool.

From the point of view of implementation, in my opinion, hack. This is stupid Disonord 2 with a different skin. I just hate the reuse of assets in games, but here the reuse of everything. All the characters are like the heroes of Disonord, only disguised as doctors, all the animation from Disonord, including tackles, the combat system (the adjustable wrench exactly repeats the movement of the sword from Dis). The whole interface from Disonord 2, after all. Well, Ely-Pali, even Yubisoft did not sink to such vulgarity.

I can't perceive Prey as an independent game, the feeling that I'm playing Disonord 2 with other skins. In a kind of addon. Maybe these are just my paddocks, and for many it will not be a minus, but my hands are completely discouraged from this approach of the developers.

Yubisoft makes it even worse) but as described below taste. forget about disonord and play prey.))

I could not resist and cleaned everything I could in the demo, looked at the skills and possible upgrades, and after that my opinion about the gameplay even changed a little. The game is really similar to such a kind of linear sandbox - there is no pass for the door, so look for another way to open it, it is almost always there (to shoot a button from a toy crossbow or knock out the screen from the closet with another closet), you cannot deal with the enemy (on hard hurts) - climb onto the ventilation / lamps and go around or sweep them (and then, judging by the skills, there will also be a semblance of stealth).

This whole chip with the interactivity of objects is also cool - any garbage can be used as a weapon (there are sales skills for this) or fill up the door with a cabinet and shoot everyone through a small hole, although there is a minus - the control of the object in the hands is done in the most miserable way.

All of the above is very interesting to do, but I'm afraid that this can turn into a set of very trivial actions due to the very primitive design. The part of the level shown in the demo gives very few reasons for using the game's chips and they are so simple that, in some places, you want to put your hand to your face ... I hope that this is just an educational part of the game and then everything will be much more thoughtful and interesting ...

ps did anyone find codes for safes and a way to get into closed offices in honey. compartment?

+1

I think that lvl design is just at the beginning, because learning is all business.

the game generally rolled strongly. caught myself thinking that such sensations were at the first launch of halva1-portal1-deus and bioshock. the atmosphere of everything is chic. but there is clumsy. definitely need to feel the full

SnimokJPG_6209905_26018144.jpg

) waiting for release)

S
Smitt 30.10.21

So I'm wondering if the universes of Dysonred and Prey can be connected, there are interesting little things in all the notes ... True, most likely, these are ordinary Easter eggs.

C
Charmander 30.10.21

There will be no game on the pitch, or what? because the attitude of modern developers to console releases ... to put it mildly, fuck off.

m
musicant 30.10.21

Just now, Charmander said:

There will be no game on the pitch, or what? because the attitude of modern developers to console releases ... to put it mildly, fuck off.

will

H
Hroft23 30.10.21

16 minutes ago, Charmander said:

so that PC players do not feel deprived)) you have brakes and we have brakes, let's cry together) And the fact that one baker will blaze from the new "divine" optimization)) 

m
musicant 30.10.21

Just now, Hroft23 said:

so that PC players do not feel left out)) you have brakes and we have brakes, let's cry together) And the fact that one baker will blaze from the new "divine" optimization)) 

what brakes oo?)

C
Charmander 30.10.21

Just now, Hroft23 said:

so that PC players do not feel left out)) you have brakes and we have brakes, let's cry together) And the fact that one baker will blaze from the new "divine" optimization)) 

It's rather just a vertical, which the developers love so much, not realizing that it breaks games from 1-3 persons, because the input lag is observed even in the menu. But * modern players * do not see it and they are doing well, I do not understand this policy in relation to some games, apparently no one cares.

Modified April 28, 2017 by Charmander

L
Lex mercer 30.10.21

I xs about the first hour they say in the title of the demo, personally I spent three hours for sure. 

- the game is just the wildest mixture of all the strong projects in the original genre. Deus Ex, Half-Life, Portal, BioShock, System Shock, etc.

- from Dishonored in this game, only the artist who drew the characters. That's all.

- The plot is intriguing. The code from the office is beautiful :)))

- The design and the technical part are excellent. The last one after the second Dishonored is great! Some little things like an input will be fixed with a patch.

- At first, small facial expressions annoyed me during the battle. But then, when I understood their logic and principle, it became interesting. The game is still not a hurricane action game.

- by the end of the demo, I began to literally beat the furniture, you never know :))) sometimes it's not clear whether the music is playing because of this stool or not? And three chairs is hardly normal or not?

In general, at the moment this is just a must have for all fans of the above games.

S
Shibito 30.10.21

I am sure that with regard to this game there will be quite a few haters among critics who will say "we have seen this before", and then these same people will put the new Calde 9/10 

: troll_face_3:: troll_face_3:: troll_face_3:

L
Lex mercer 30.10.21

22 minutes ago, Shibito said:

I am sure that with regard to this game there will be quite a few haters among critics who will say "we have seen this before", and then these same people will put the new Calde 9/10 

: troll_face_3:: troll_face_3:: troll_face_3:

I've seen all this before, but it's not a shame to take from the best and from the best. And everything was done conscientiously. If the plot does not fail further, then one of the best games of the year shines for us.

PS I wonder if the progress of the demo will be saved when you buy the game or start over?

S
Smitt 30.10.21

Hike in the demo still cannot get into 4 rooms: two in honey. compartment, one in the server room and the lab. psychotronics, there are no keys and I also did not find alternative passages ( 

Lex Mercer is a demo, not a trial, so very unlikely.

S
Smitt 30.10.21

Here some write about imput lag, at ps4? And then on Juan all the rules with this (or I do not notice him, but even nonsense).

S
SSpace 30.10.21

6 hours ago, Smitt said:

did anyone find codes for safes

The one in the simulation wing you can 

Spoiler

to spy on the tape that Morgan left to himself in his office, 5150, like 

S
Squall007 30.10.21

The first impression that this is a new part of Halfa, however, and the visual is not far from the last episode.

d
dozensnake 30.10.21

Shibito yes it's a clone of systems / bioshock, calm down already, the game was merged at the announcement (second)

S
StrongDieTwice 30.10.21

3 hours ago, Squall007 said:

The first impression that this is a new part of Halfa, however, and the visual is not far from the last episode.

During the first 10-20 minutes, I subconsciously waited that they would give me a mount: 57a8bd5b0d1ba_FROG5:

C
Cheburashka 30.10.21

5 hours ago, Lex Mercer said:

I xs about the first hour they say in the title of the demo, personally I spent three hours for sure. 

- the game is just the wildest mixture of all the strong projects in the original genre. Deus Ex, Half-Life, Portal, BioShock, System Shock, etc.

- from Dishonored in this game, only the artist who drew the characters. That's all.

- The plot is intriguing. The code from the office is beautiful :)))

- The design and the technical part are excellent. The last one after the second Dishonored is great! Some little things like an input will be fixed with a patch.

- At first, small facial expressions annoyed me during the battle. But then, when I understood their logic and principle, it became interesting. The game is still not a hurricane action game.

- by the end of the demo, I began to literally beat the furniture, you never know :))) sometimes it's not clear whether the music is playing because of this stool or not? And three chairs is hardly normal or not?

In general, at the moment this is just a must have for all fans of the above games.

Maybe the plot will be excellent, but the grafon in the 2009 game is all in a soap, when I played the demo ofigel from everything I saw, it’s how you have to manage on Craienzhen 3 not to make at least partial destructibility and normal graphonium curves are developed, besides the animation is clumsy: icon_lol:

m
musicant 30.10.21

Just now, StrongDieTwice said:

During the first 10-20 minutes, I subconsciously waited that they would give me a mount: 57a8bd5b0d1ba_FROG5:

so, in fact, she was given