3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Default2 11.11.21 11:33 pm

Should you install Windows 10?

And which Windows is generally better?
182 Comments
Sort by:
V
Victor Tsoi 11.11.21

Vova15ru
No, well, I’m sleeping, otherwise I’ll go to work in the morning (SN) !!!

R
Rorschach1986 11.11.21

Victor coy
ok

D
Digic_07 11.11.21

7Rain7
You are not the last build, the last 10240

S
Shadows3D 11.11.21

7Rain7
you listed the problems just concerning an ordinary user, and their number (offhand :) speaks unambiguously - and the Windows itself is still sawing and sawing, and problems with firewood will still be very good. for a long time

L
Lera Rashidova 11.11.21

put windows 10, don't be afraid, but at first it will be difficult since the new OS and some programs may not be adapted, but by the end of the year everything will be fine and many errors will be fixed critical, so the answer is, don't be afraid, the current will be better and faster than much other OS

A
Adamantokha 11.11.21

ru_windows_10_enterprise_10240_x64_dvd_rtm
And that means it went to print ... Final!

7Rain7 11.11.21

Shadows3D
Yes, I agree. Custom braids listed. There is no need here anymore. Great multithreading work covers it all. My processor is enough for everything and the 7th one, but it did not work in any Windows that way.
PS: And some of the users. 95% will display a shortcut to my computer, not a button. Didn't make Windows intuitive for a sucker

7Rain7 11.11.21

And this is polokho)))

v
vftor 11.11.21

Everything is relative, for example, for me:
- ancient programs and games (under Win.98 and DOS) work for me on Win.XP on an Athlon 1700+ computer
- old programs and games work for me on Win.XP on a Celeron computer (single-core, 2.6 GHz)
- games before 2007 - on Win.XP on an Intel computer (dual-core, 3 GHz)
- all recent games - on Win.7 x64 (4-cores, 8 threads, 3.5 GHz + powerful video card )
- Internet - on Win.7 x86
- if in the future there are games that work well only on Win.10, they will have to allocate a separate hard drive on a 4-core computer + replace the video card for Dx12 or lower the quality for Win.7 x64.
Here is my opinion.

7Rain7 11.11.21

CRYSIS0707
thanks for saying, in the evening I will download

M
Maxis1977 11.11.21

it's not worth switching to 10 yet, it is still completely damp, there are no games for it yet, well, not all software supports it, it is better to wait until games, software are adjusted for it, firewood is released, in general, wait until it dries

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 11.11.21

Was anyone able to download it at all? I download it on the laptop, writes that the system is not supported.

D
DeadmanIQ445 11.11.21

Worth it, the new DirectX increases performance by 35%.

A
Alex coachman 11.11.21

eroppo As
I understand it, the free one means the one that is handed out to the test participants and according to some kind of program there a year ago. I hope they will not be forced to pay for upgrades for those who upgrade to 10 wines, having 7 wines.

A
Alcatraz74 11.11.21

already switched to 10, everything is super, no lags, no bugs works faster than 7

D
DenRocket 11.11.21

Costs 10 - final build (10240). It works quite stably, although there are small joints (as without them), which will be cut out with patches in the near future. I don't see any problems in work and with games. Great system!

E
Eroppo 11.11.21

Alex Coachman
The program allows you to upgrade to a new Windows for free within a year (in a year, those who do not have time will already buy it). And judging by that article, in 2-4 years some additional mandatory payments may appear for everyone at all, although the infa is unofficial, but from some third sources

b
borokar 11.11.21

take a look here about windows 10

m
mynameisfoxy 11.11.21

not that it is somehow directly different from 7, 8 and 8.1, but the sensations when working with it are pleasant, oddly enough. although the engine is the same, it works the same, the interface is essentially the same, everything is the same, it's just that everything is cut, squared and flat everywhere. who is sitting at 7, sit further, there is nothing special here, except for the increasingly impending former metro, I don’t know what it’s called now, oh yes, and a keylogger that will send everything you type from the keyboard in a soft soft. fortunately, this crutch comes off

A
Anonymus_Truth 11.11.21

Windows 10 - NEW SCANDAL?
What exactly is stealing from a Windows 10 user?

The release of Windows 10 has already made more noise than all previous releases from Microsoft combined. And the reason is quite understandable - the new operating system found unprecedented means of control over the user.

Some experts are confident that a new era in IT is coming, when the free user will disappear as a class. Each person will be assigned an inventory number, a dossier will be compiled for each person based on data from his personal correspondence, movements, SMS, etc.

Although the picture as a whole is already clear, the results of the first attempts to conduct a more or less analysis were published only a few days ago. The researchers armed themselves with network monitors, debugging tools and other professional tools and looked inside Windows 10 to understand what exactly Windows 10 is stealing from a user's computer.

So, the preliminary data of the analysis. Microsoft takes from your computer:

1. All printable text. It doesn't matter which application you use. Keystrokes are intercepted at the operating system level, data is collected in packets and sent every 30 minutes to the following servers:

oca.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net

pre.footprintpredict.com

reports.wes.df.telemetry.microsoft .com

For example, a user writes an email using the Gmail service running in Chrome or Firefox. But the text of the letter will still be intercepted at the low level of the OS and sent to Microsoft servers. What for? In order for this service to work. Formal explanation from Microsoft: needed to improve the predictive input system (faster typing).

2. Geolocation data. And the names of Wi-Fi networks nearby. They are accumulated and transmitted every 30 minutes. They allow you to track the physical movements of the user with an accuracy of several meters. Explanation from Microsoft: Bing needs the data to provide more relevant answers. What this means for the user: Microsoft knows your home address (see section 5 for why it is needed). If you have a Windows 10 mobile device, Microsoft knows where you go.

3. Recording from a microphone. The microphone in Windows 10 is always on (see the article “Windows 10 secretly turns on the microphone.” At first it was suggested that this is necessary for the Cortana service (voice assistant), but later it became known that disabling Cortana did not solve the problem. can accumulate, some of them are sent to Microsoft servers Computer security experts warn: if you use encrypted communications (for example, using SIP telephony with encrypted traffic), such unauthorized recording of sounds from a microphone can put your safety at risk Using a reliable VoIP channel at the same time as Windows 10. It’s better to go outside and shout right away.

4. Telemetry. Fantastic in its potential insecurity function, which is not even hidden by the developer company. Telemetry is the transmission of data to Microsoft about the state of your computer and your activity. Literally everything is collected: what programs are installed, what are running, the amount of memory used, application logs, fragments of RAM, and so on. Considering that RAM can contain anything - from data for official use to credit card numbers - such a transfer to someone else's servers is a potential vulnerability. While Microsoft assures that data is securely encrypted, who can guarantee that the cipher won't be secretly broken by attackers? After all, everyone knows that Microsoft has always had big security problems. More precisely, with a persistent inability to provide this security.

Telemetry data is transmitted to the following servers:

telecommand.telemetry.microsoft.com

telecommand.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net

oca.telemetry.microsoft.com

oca.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net

sqm.telemetry.microsoft. com

sqm.telemetry.microsoft.com.nsatc.net

5. Fight against piracy. Windows 10 looks at the names of user files and checks against a constantly updated list of pirated novelties. If matches are found, custom directory listings are sent to Microsoft. In fact, the computer denounces its owner.

Windows 10 anti-piracy data has been known for a long time. But it was assumed that the emphasis will be on the fight against counterfeit games. Now it becomes clear that the main goal is to deprive users of the ability to download pirated copies of American films and TV series from torrents.

It should be especially noted that comparing the data on the presence of unlicensed video on the user's computer with the collected geolocation data opens up an excellent opportunity for the MPAA (Film Association of America) and RIAA (Recording Association of America) to sue some American housewife for another couple of million dollars. It seems that Russian users have nothing to fear for now: the system only triggered when American films were detected.

6. Portrait for memory. Some users have noticed that after the first activation of Windows 10, the webcam turns on for a short period. Research confirms this - 35 MB of data is transferred to Microsoft immediately after activating and turning on the built-in camera. Presumably, the data is tied to a Microsoft user account.

i1.services.social.microsoft.com

i1.services.social.microsoft.com.nsatc.net