3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
w
wild_1.3 19.05.20 07:07 pm

Race Driver: GRID vs. Need for Speed: Shift (Race Driver: GRID)

What do you think, will be whether those games are competitors in its genre?
Go here: Need for Speed: Shift vs. Race Driver: GRID.
221 Comments
Sort by:
N
Nemezis 19.05.20

I will say this: WHY NSF got IN the RING race TRACK? Well, what for it was necessary? Because there is a GRID, why go here? Why not make something country, like Hot Pursuit?

After all, if NFS is worse than GRID, it will be the 4th(!) failure! Very risky, agree, moreover, that GRID has set the bar very high. And even if the NSF will be at or better than Grid, so all the same race track has become boring. Who needs it? I think the only way for the NSF is a good online tech support.

D
Deadly_Dragon 19.05.20

Nemesis +10

k
kamaz360 19.05.20

Played in the Shift.... slow it full( as I really GRID better

m
mister611 19.05.20

Played Shift - a pitiful semblance of a Grid, caused only a smile. Graphics still, though with bright colors, but small details such as smoke, rays, and other pleasant little things that create an atmosphere of realism - there (or simply identified), physics next, but it's still not Grid. Damage to General laughter, better-used, and do not do as well in the options put full damage, tried to break himself or the opponent - in the blank, like rubber, just ahead of the cat's eye smashed, but both came to the finish in the video showed what has become a broken machine in the trash (the hood is mangled, windshield broken), and the race really nothing is displayed. Sound - worse, maybe for a stereo or anything, and I love full circle 7.1 X-Fi in the Grid actually better. The race itself is short, I passed 5 runs, can continue and be longer, but my patience ran out. Blew Shift, went to the Grid, passed a couple of trails on the passage, and then to the network and all Liptovska trouble forgotten. Although I really wanted to see something really new in the race, I see only Grid 2 will be better, but Dirt 2 will try to improve the NSF there was little hope after a series of recent hits.

s
stolyar007 19.05.20

mister611 a pitiful semblance of a Grid, caused only a smile. Graphics still, though with bright colors, but small details such as smoke, rays, and other pleasant little things that create an atmosphere of realism - no

and what a habit to compare arcade grid with shift?the people is completely 2 different games,you surprise me.it is necessary to compare shift with forza 3 and gran turismo 5,it will be a good competition in terms of graphics and physics.
regarding graphics,you like lifeless,smeared with yellow paint,zablurennyi grid,well, you give.the graphics in shift at the level of forza 3 and gran turismo 5,so inappropriately La-La,found something to compare,tyb with 1 underground compared.
about physics compare arcade grid simulator shift,as it is stupid.physics in shift on the level of the same in forza 3 and granturismo 5.

A
Anthony_Dmit 19.05.20

ProStreet Shift is completed. And the graphics are the same, only few new effects, depth of field, good texture. Moreover, the Shift is much higher GRIDa on the system requirements. Optimization is not bad, but I read that the ati problems, and download for 40 seconds is not encouraging. And as that graph is not catchy. Like
and the hot air from the exhaust pipe, and wheels on the dirty sand and other pleasant things, but the picture in the end doesn't look more real than GRID. Yes, I admit, the detail above, but the GRID for me graphics more real, and looks like a single unit, and Shift striking individual effects and all.

P. S. for me, the main disadvantage is not the graphics, and the difficulty of keyboard control, and supercars, and a General inability. And General feeling from these two games so different that I doubt whether they even compare. If the GRID you fight with the opponent, in the Shift you are struggling with the management and with the track, and it's a little agree interesting.

k
khabarovalexey 19.05.20

agent003 ...compare arcade grid simulator shift...

Very amuse. Shift simulator? Grid Arcade? Fun!!! Grid of course not a 100 % simulator, physics of control does not hold. But since the Shift to realism bisco not lying with the Grid. Physics is useless. Or realism for us only bright picture? And the behavior of cars on the side?

k
kamaz360 19.05.20

Not shift slag the game..... again FAILURE companies

s
stolyar007 19.05.20

khabarovalexey But certainly Shift to realism is not lying close to a Grid. Physics is useless.

if you shift arcade,then poluchaetsya and forza 3 and gran turismo 5 also arcade.
you even the real simulators such as shift,gtr 2,lfs,forza 3 and gran turismo 5 played?that you write such heresy,if not then take and play.And I played and I know what I'm talking about.
say again grid is a real, arcade,it and the soles villain shift.

D
Deadly_Dragon 19.05.20

grid is a real, arcade,it and the soles villain shift

Don't need the opinion of strangers to mold, and it is not necessary here to throw tantrums and spit splash, Grid arcade game I admit, but that the Shift is a simulator (!) I am not very good hard to believe, where did you see that in SIM machines in turns like were on the ice?and the last argument in the Grid is the dynamics of racing and wrestling with the opponent and whether there is a Shift, honestly, is negligible.

A
Anthony_Dmit 19.05.20

Drakon-666 +1, completely agree

k
khabarovalexey 19.05.20

Dear Агент003, that allows me to call Shift a simulator:
1. As already mentioned the physics and damage system.
2. The behavior of your opponents(bots) on the track.
3. The discrepancy of the slopes is real. (i.e. width, curve radii, environment.)
4. The rules of the race.
5. Unrealistic bright colors. (well, just the cartoon.)
6. The manufacturer is positioning its product as a 100% simulator. (probably most importantly)

+join the dragon, Anthony Dmit, мистеру611 in their previous posts, the arguments powerful.

k
khabarovalexey 19.05.20

But this does not mean that the Shift is shit. He's a good, beautiful, but inferior to the Grid in the realism in the aggregate. It is not a simulator, it NFS. :-)))

k
khabarovalexey 19.05.20

With regards to simulators:
Alas. Maybe I'm some kind of unfinished, but what do you call a simulation, I are not considered.
What I can call the simulator:
-F1 challenge 99-02
-WTCC race
-STCC
-GTL
-RB rally
-rally trophy
-V-rally3
-TOCA RD 2,3
-NASCAR 2004

With a certain degree of error TDU.

k
khabarovalexey 19.05.20

If someone will correct me. Reasonably, not unfounded. Am only grateful. Oh, and as for heresy, as he said deeply respected Агент003,I disagree and tend to cancel, is our differences, different mentality. So.
:-)))

R
RadeonX1950 19.05.20

khabarovalexey
Heh, good list - played all)
Only here V-Rally 3 on the physics disappointing. Recently, Ruban machine fell on the roof, almost took the wheel, and then fell on the bumper and spun until reset))) Maybe a glitch.
On the subject...
As game Shift I liked it. Really annoyed with some things:
- No optimization for Radeon (Here you can argue with me all you want...)
- Normal damage is still there.
Other disadvantages of solid... IMHO :)
GRID was released already a year ago and I feel fine about it.

k
khabarovalexey 19.05.20

Glitch. In V-rally 3 these things did not notice. And to me physics and behavior, there on the track, even really like.
:-)
These games just quincidence genre.

s
stolyar007 19.05.20

if you're so smart,then tell me which of these games forza 2,3, gran turismo 4,5 ;project gotham racing 3,4 simulators.
dear khabarovalexey about the physics in shift I with you absolutely not agree.

D
Deadly_Dragon 19.05.20

And unless Gran Turismo or Forza on the PC? we compares Pkshnye games but not platformers.

N
Nemezis 19.05.20

The joke is not that the simulator is not a simulator, not arcade arcade, and that in the GRID the perfect balance between themes, and between themes. Therefore, like many.

Simulators are cool, but do not forget that the reality is not that entertaining, so many of the Sims are dull and boring. The only interesting Sims that I've played: Il-2 and GranTurismo 2