3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Don markos 10.12.21 02:15 am

Voice acting from 1C [impressions, discussion] (Mafia 2)

Here you can discuss Russian voice acting. How do you like it?
201 Comments
Sort by:
D
Dickk 10.12.21

Xander Callahan
You're wrong buddy. Explain to me how cheap, monotonous voice acting without intonation and accent can be better than high quality, well played, "polished to shine" English voice acting?
Say it as it is, "I don't know English, I have to be content with lousy localization"

J
JerelyMarleCrash 10.12.21

Normal voice acting.
without intonation and accent
What accent? Although ... Even the voice acting for the English Metro 2033 was with a traditional, Russian accent) But there is intonation. You have not yet seen films with voice acting from all kinds of TV channels (or rather from the companies that these voices were ordered).
By the way ...
Vito Scaletta (voiced by Vlad Kopp)
Joe Barbaro (voiced by Nikita Prozorovsky)
The rest is unknown, ripped off from Wikipedia.

D
Dickk 10.12.21

JerelyMarleCrash666 [Duke Foreva]
This is the uniqueness of the original voice acting. The accents are sustained there. If you listen to Henry's speech, you can catch him in a "specific" pronunciation. And in the Russian voice acting it is difficult to convey all this so vividly.
And at the expense of films, I try to watch them in the original in the same way.

j
joxxy 10.12.21

I would have played with the original voice acting myself, but I don't have time to follow the text.

T
Tarasmisj 10.12.21

The original is better, I will play with the original !!!

p
puc7 10.12.21

The original is better, I will play with the original !!!
AS?

D
Dickk 10.12.21

puc7
Very simple. Change the incentive language to English.

H
Heni reni 10.12.21

The voice acting is normal to the atmosphere of the game fits well.

K
Kiberkirik 10.12.21

Well, the actors at least try to play, unlike the first Mafia (B * ka. I got shot. Tommy, get Sam out of there.). Yes, and I more or less liked the voices.

V
Vladik_11 10.12.21

The voice acting is so-so, to be honest. There are a lot of gags. But what can you do, I will play with the Russian, let it remain on the conscience of 1C.

U
User 508742 10.12.21

I will play with voice acting from 1C.

P
Permanent_Lost 10.12.21

Russian voice acting is predictably shitty, I will play in the English version.

C
Ctrl. Alt. Delete. 10.12.21

The voice acting is pretty decent. There are not enough stars from the sky, but I like it. And besides, 1C needed to translate everything quickly. And they even managed to voice the pedestrians.

j
joxxy 10.12.21

What to translate them? They have several dialogues, and nothing more.

p
puc7 10.12.21

Very simple. Change the incentive language to English.
it was said that changing the language would be prohibited! as well as with Call of Duty!

j
joxxy 10.12.21

Who told you this?

D
DKEMPORiO 10.12.21

it was said that changing the language would be prohibited! as well as with Call of Duty!
I played code6 in English, I'm pretty sure it will be possible to choose a language in the mafia

V
Vavle2010 10.12.21

DKEMPORiO Impossible
, I saw the pre-order clearly written 1 language-Russian

J
Just Kane 10.12.21

Vavle2010
Russian does not mean that you cannot install in English! This means that the key is suitable for Russia and that there is a Russian language, and so at least you can choose Japanese

j
joxxy 10.12.21

Other languages ​​will also be available. On Steam, it is allowed to choose any language from those that are present in the game.