3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alex_Cat 07.02.22 10:18 pm

Game Impressions (Dying Light 2: Stay Human)

The release of the game is coming soon, we only share our impressions of the game and please, no flooding.
206 Comments
Sort by:
D
Denis G 07.02.22

The problem with Q is really annoying, while the principle by which it stops working is completely incomprehensible. Although usually these problems last a couple of minutes, and the game never needed to be restarted. I think patches will fix it soon. These Poles are "correct", the edits will not be stretched for a year and a half.

B
Blade86 07.02.22

Denis G
The tackle does not work, although I pumped it, the current just crouches

N
NarkoSky 07.02.22

Quite a positive impression of the game. Even though you have to play at 30 fps :(

s
sarge275 07.02.22

After playing 10 hours, I can say that the game is not bad. Optimization is good (at least I have nothing to complain about here).

Regarding soap: I have a 1080p monitor. I'm more hertz than resolution. So in 1080p without DLSS, the game looks good, but a little blurry. Blame it on smoothing. The developers have not added SMAA or MSAA options to the game. Apparently TAA is being used. On some engines, TAA works very well, but somewhere it causes fierce soap. There is something in between.
I do it differently. If the game has DLSS, I set DLDSR to 2880x1620 and turn DLSS on "quality" or "balance".
And that's it, the picture eats as much as native 1080p, but the clarity is much higher. DLDSR + DLSS is generally a thing.

I like the game in general. After the first part, you need to get used to it. Here the character is very weak at first, he can’t really climb anywhere, he doesn’t have enough stamina, he falls from everywhere. At night, I went out to an abandoned store - the street is full of zombies, they burned, they chased, you’ll run away. I'm trying to climb the pipe - they walk along the ridge, the stamina ends, I fall, they eat it)))).
And so everything is cheerful and quite fun. Didn't regret buying it.

A
ALEX7436 07.02.22

sarge275
Say please. I went through the first one, I liked it (the gameplay and of course the plot) I read somewhere that who went first, this one will go too ... But, in turn, some reviewers talk about a stupid plot .. Is all this, in your opinion? Worth taking? THX.

s
sarge275 07.02.22

ALEX7436
Well, I still can not judge the plot as a whole, I did not go far. I'm vacuuming the map right now on the available side effects to pump better.

In the first part, the plot does not shine with originality and genius, it is simple and understandable and easily enters along with the gameplay. And I really liked it. I think here, too, the plot of the stars from the sky is not enough, but it is there, and you can’t call it stupid.
My IMHO - the game is worth it. I, as a person who liked the first part, like this one too.

At the moment, for me, the only negative of the atmosphere of this game is the lack of shadows from the flashlight. At first, I couldn't even believe my eyes. And this is after the shadows in the first part looked cool! In the dark with a flashlight, the game now looks creepy, like Fallout 4 or something.
Maybe the developers will add patches, xs. But it's just ahtung!

Optimization - there is
Gameplay - not bad
The plot - there is, simple and unpretentious, in principle, you don't need more
Graphics - good, a huge minus really for a flashlight without shadows

If there are extra 2500 sput, then it's not a pity.
I've been waiting for it for a long time, I bought it with fear that it would lag. In this case, I was ready to issue a refund. There are no lags, I like the game.

PS By the way, I didn't know that David Bel was playing the role of Hakon in the game. When I watched the trailers, everything seemed to me that this guy reminds someone. Just now I realized that this is the same parkour player from the "13th district"!)))

A
ALEX7436 07.02.22

sarge275
Thank you for your reply. Everything was laid out in detail. I think I'll most likely take it .. In the collection for the first one.

D
Denis G 07.02.22

As for the plot - yes, there are dumb ones, and there are a lot of them, and sometimes they hurt the eyes. The investigation into the murder of a peacekeeper alone is worth something.
Spoiler Every time you obviously have a denouement and a boss fight, everything turns into another dialogue, and everything starts from the beginning. I think this is some kind of trolling, and we will look for the killer until the end of the game, walking around him with stupid dialogues.
There is also enough other plot garbage, I already wrote. Maybe I missed something somewhere, but it seems unlikely.
Spoiler An example with Birdy, when Sophie says that she took him to their squad when his father died in the dark zone, and no one else was left. But half an hour before that, he spoke on the radio with his mother. How?
Spoiler Or the moment when you come to the market to get acquainted with the preacher. They supposedly let you in this time with a bracelet, and Karl sees you for the first time, and he is staring at this church as if he is here for the first time. Have the scriptwriters already forgotten that he was hanging out here on the last story quest? Yes, by that time I had already managed to make and hand over two side effects at this bazaar. But no, it comes like the first time.
What in the plot is still better than in the first part, and much more - is the abundance of choices. In the prequel, we played as the most weak-willed shestak in the universe. Here, in any case, it seems that a lot depends on your opinion and choice.

l
lEGlGnoml 07.02.22

Denis G
According to the first spoiler - Not critical, at least for me.
According to the second spoiler - Also not critical, but drew attention to the question "What? What was it now ?!" And the feeling left that initially the first meeting should have gone differently, or there was a bug and there simply wasn’t a lock on the storyline, they say, so that not first the side effect “come in, feel at home”, and then “who are you”
:) third spoiler - It also turned out strange, most likely they messed up.) Since there are similar problems in the game, at least, but there are.) There was a case where a couple were sitting, and then a type of guy was bitten by a bee, and the girl answered one word in a male voice, the most important thing is to place, but a man's voice. and then normal, like I have a remedy now everything will pass.)

Pts liked the location, or rather, how the developers conveyed the feeling in the cathedral, light, sound, and so on. I just felt like I was there.

D
Denis G 14.02.22

In general, what I want to add on the plot ... Yes, it sways slowly, but somewhere from the moment the windmill was blown up, it rips right off the spot so that the helmet flies off. It's hard to break away. At least by the standards of the first part) Let's see what will result in the end, but at the moment the plot with the first part is already stupid to compare - it is at least an order of magnitude higher here. Although some confusion has not gone away, but in general, it is certainly not necessary to yawn, as in the first part. And yes, in the episode with Waltz, it suddenly began to seem to me that the game was already cosplaying with might and main, either carving, or another world) And paragliding over ventilation is just an old-school assassin) But in general, the norms, krinzha is less than expected after jambs in beginning.

s
sarge275 14.02.22

I found here a guide on shadows in the game. Quality is heaven and earth.

Find:
%USERPROFILE%Documentsdying light 2outsettingsvideo.scr

Parameter:
ShadowMapSize

Default: 924 [ShadowMapSize(924)]

Can be set: 1024*, 1536**, ​​2048***, 4096* **

* 1024 - super low-end
** 1536 - low-end
*** 2048 - mid-end/high-end
**** 4096 - ultra high-end

I set it to 2048. Awesome crisp shadows without jagged. Oddly enough - it did not affect the frame rate for me. Well, if it has decreased, then maybe a couple of fps. And the picture is much better.

I apologize for offtopic, if that

s
sarge275 14.02.22

D
Denis G 14.02.22

I suspect that this parameter is also set in the game settings, it is not necessary to climb the inishniks.
PS Anyway, people who do not have the game will write that the graphics were better in the first part :)

s
sarge275 14.02.22

Denis G

I didn't find such parameters in the game settings. I came across Reddit

By the way, the default parameter is lower than 1024 (super low-end)
Apparently it has moved from consoles.

g
gosha1 14.02.22

Yes, the graphics are absolutely awesome))) I play at max settings in 4k and dlss quality. Your game is the same DL, only better. I recently replayed the first one. So I can compare according to recent memories.

D
Docent5960 14.02.22

I bought it on Steam, I think it might not work, do you think two hours is enough to evaluate the game and make a return if you don’t like it or I don’t have time to evaluate the game myself in two hours?

s
saa0891 14.02.22

Docent5960
Of course, two hours is not enough to evaluate (in terms of skills and combat), but if you quickly run through the story missions, you can appreciate it, if the gameplay immediately starts here, everything will become clear.

D
Denis G 14.02.22

Docent5960
You won't have time, the plot is swinging slowly here. The first two hours are immersed in the atmosphere and introduced to the first location. Which is introductory in itself. All the heat starts later.
In terms of gameplay, it's the same. At the beginning of the game, it's full of rickets, almost like in the first part, and you won't be able to feel either parkour or combat. Only with the opening of perks do they begin to open up.

D
Denis G 14.02.22

According to the game itself - the passage is underway, I try not to rush through the plot, while I like almost everything. Nearly.
First, the miserable missions from the first part have not gone away, go there and collect that and that, and be sure to do it at night. They are few, but they are there, and they are annoying. Yes, they are secondary, but they clearly affect the plot. At night here, if you don’t cheat with gamma, it’s difficult to see anything at all without a flashlight, especially if you don’t know what you are looking for, there are a lot of toxic puddles and stray zombies and screamers around, organizing a nix even after getting a pipe in a turnip. Yes, atmospheric, creepy, but boring and annoying. I don't like these missions, that's all.
Secondly, I could not adequately choose the difficulty of the game. It’s too easy to play on something lower than hard, in the afternoon it’s like going for a walk, but on high difficulty, opponents simply tank out astronomical numbers of damage. In the first part, at the beginning, it also took a long time to beat ordinary enemies with a pipe, but there this stage passed quickly. Here, on difficulty, you will peck at each enemy until you sweat, and then his friends will catch up to him. On Izyas, they die faster, but in turn they inflict amusing damage on you. In general, either I didn’t understand something in this mechanic, or the Poles couldn’t deal with the complexity and balance.
Otherwise, while happy as an elephant. The game is cool, especially against the backdrop of the slag that has come out in recent years.

A
Aristar4ik 14.02.22

paragliding is not working. I hold the button and it opens and immediately closes, and so the whole flight. some kind of abomination. even in Zelda it was better than here