3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
agula98 24.03.20 07:21 pm

Impressions of the game (Doom Eternal)

Comes out the day after tomorrow, although some will be able to get their copies early. So, please share your opinions. As you are a new part of a great series?
147 Comments
Sort by:
B
Braun Fuhrer 16.10.20

STX87
Yes, to a point.

M
Masky76 16.10.20

Braun Fuhrer
It's a GAME, not a sandbox.

B
Braun Fuhrer 16.10.20

Masky76

w
w2k 16.10.20

A thoughtless jerk for schoolchildren.
A game for schoolchildren, not burdened with intelligence, boom-bah-baba 🤣

o
oyff 16.10.20

w2k
mm pc shit?

w
w2k 16.10.20

oyff
So-so, shit but average lousy 8700k/16gb/gtx1070/ssd 970evo, it's time to change of course, but the weak plot of the game does not justify it.

o
oyff 16.10.20

w2k
as someone said, It's a plot like in a movie - the plot is there, but it's not needed and here

V
Vasiliy Sundakov 16.10.20

As for me, buying a game makes no sense. It is better to download a pirate somewhere and not to steam. I was rocking here: http://mifman.ru/games/action/90-doom-eternal.html

V
Vladimir_Aleksandrovich 16.10.20

In principle, already all who wanted to familiarize themselves with this part of the cult joke, and reviews left a lot, but still I will scratch a couple of lines from myself.
Eternal turned out to be ambiguous. On the one hand, the shooter component has become better. The variety of opponents and ways of their annihilation has become more, now the game pushes the player to situational use of various weapons and modifications to it. At the same time, the complexity has increased, now the game in battles strains not only the spinal, but also the brain. This, of course, for someone can be a disadvantage, but personally I have updated, more complex gameplay to taste. At the same time, the overall pace of gameplay even slightly increased compared to the Doom sample of 2016. In general, everything that concerns shootouts is done almost perfectly, there are some minor flaws, for example, the character began to often get stuck in mobs, especially when they surround the crowd.
The plot also gained weight, in comparison with the previous parts, but still remains simple and superficial. And is it so important here? But in general it was interesting to learn part of the story about the executioner and other worlds.
The technical side is done at a good level. In some places, of course, graphonia, a little sags most likely because of large open spaces, but in general looks good. The optimization is also excellent. Notable bugs personally I have not met any for all the passage. In general, there are no questions.
And now to the bad. I would like to say right away about the lost atmosphere of the previous parts. Eternal began to look like a typical modern session shooter. Became bright and mottled. Some demons look like those collectible toys, blood is more like ketchup, there are wacky skins for the executioner, the interface looks acidic. Where is that gloom and meat inherent in the series? For this fat minus Besede and IDam.
In addition to the victim visual, of the notable disadvantages I want to note the platforming. He's needed here like a cow's fifth leg. It is far from the best way and causes mostly only irritation.
In general, if the updated gameplay (except for platforming) and the plot to transfer to the entourage of Duma 2016, it would definitely be the shooter of the year, and so the impressions are spoiled. Like a barrel of honey with a spoonful of tar, it seems to be delicious, but there is unpleasant bitterness.

V
Vladimir_Aleksandrovich 16.10.20

Willis
Read the code, there in the history of the guards it is written, as Dumagai became an imba executioner and in the game itself there are his flashbacks.
bloomm
The gameplay is cool, there is no dispute. The shootouts are some of the best the game industry has seen. But visualized and stuff stuffed with frank shit. Too bright, mottled and pop, looks like some cartoonish overdrive. Cute demons, blood like jam, these are all the yellow crossbars and other bright objects used, as it may have come straight from Marev. Where is the gloom, where the atmosphere of despair, where the blood of the guts is crucified... Å ilo?! The atmosphere is snooly. I'm glad that at least Mick's muse didn't pump up.
Well, all sorts of dailys are also unnecessary garbage. That's what the people of Ethernal are for.

L
Lord Altair 16.10.20

Why I liked this game.
But at the same time, I think she's shit.

Good sequel to DOOM 2016
Cool graphics, interesting plot. Not every film or game uses the Bible as the primary source.
Very beautiful locations. The weapon is much cooler than it was in 2016.

These were the pros, and now I'll list all the downsides:
1. The engine is full of fucking, the game always flies out in random places. Changing the graphics helps temporarily.
2. First aid kits and cartridges are tied to conservation. So if you start the game through a selection of tasks, you will have the same number of ammunition and health as at the end of the previous fight. For example, you need to go through the mission through a selection of tasks, and you need BFG cartridges to get through quickly. So please go through the mission easier, collect these cartridges, and then pass the mission you need.
3. The wheel of the weapon is crooked, I'm during a hot fight. I turn on the wheel, I choose the gun. Letting go of the button and get a rocket launcher with 0 rounds of ammunition. The result is death.
4. Battlemode. It's about hill.
The executioner can easily heal himself without problems. But the Demons need to activate the treatment zone, which not only does it heal very weakly, and does not protect from damage.
I mean, you're in good health at zero, the executioner's 100% you activate the zone, you're treated, and then the executioner runs into the zone and kills you.
5. The game hangs and flies out when you take a screenshot. Perhaps also the problem of the curve engine.

M
Masky76 16.10.20

I bet 9 out of 10, as there was always a lack of ammunition)

M
Masky76 16.10.20

The question is where did the demon fall in the final?

K
KazymirZyba 16.10.20

If after DOOM 2016, personally I still have questions, now I can say with confidence - the king of shooters is back. DOOM Eternal - it honed decades ago shooter mechanics, which threw meat, multiplied in diversity and exploded in fury like a hurricane, without losing all its hardcore and classic mood. They work as always - ideally, causing a storm of emotions. DOOM Eternal - it's unrestrained drive in incredibly beautiful arenas, non-stop concentration of pure pleasure, a real game orgasm. Cooler shooter just can not be found. DOOM 2016, after Eternal, feels like a "wheelchair baboon."

g
gliga142 16.10.20

The game is great, but on the nightmare I was disappointed, twist the circles only because any appeared behind the back of the zombak demolishes all your 120/50 hilks and armor with 2 strokes - well, that's it.. It's almost zero, and it's not going to be a good thing.

K
KillMashine334 16.10.20

gliga142
Agree. Now I also pass Eternal and literally stood in the same arena, had to reduce the complexity. Mancubuses, spiders, rhivents do not give a move at all, shit Dumbaya from the other end of the map only in the way, as made a very high speed of fairballs and other shit, than demons throw constantly, and while you are distracted by shooting their guns, you are crushed by the walking feed mass. Apparently, I overestimated my strength, although DOOM 2016 quietly on a nightmare easily passed, but it is much easier on the gameplay and there is more pressure on skill. Immediately for the most part reigns random, running around in a circle and survival in the form of: sawed the demon, fried - survived, did not do these operations - died ...

g
gliga142 16.10.20

KillMashine334
it's not possible in this case, but the extra time for the next round for the snock of the endlessly sleeping zombie - lowered by one level of complexity and became as in the Doomsay 2016 .. they just for some reason raised the monsters on the nightmare damage by 40-50 percent and it turns out just nonsense - too many suddenness in the game, and when you zombak rolls with 2 strokes it is illogical and any accident - vape - vape

B
Belezerion 17.12.20

Completed the game on difficulty 3. I got tremendous pleasure. I think the game was great. It can be seen what they did with the SOUL. And the people who were scared off by parkour and colorful cartridges, I'm just sorry, because you broke yourself off by leaving the game. The game has tremendous attention to detail and respect for those who love the first parts of DOOM. I also think that the platforming elements in DOOM are foreign, but they are well executed. Moreover, in DOOM 2016, we also jumped across multi-level locations, we just didn't have a double jump and strafe there. Locations have become multi-storey and this is a class, it would be strange to walk on one-story levels when there are gorges and skyscrapers all around, so the double jump and strafe are just the development of ideas from 2016. New combat rules force you to hand-to-hand with the enemy. It's not a minus, it's purely a matter of taste, Once you get the hang of using ALL of Dumgai's gear, you will love the new fighting style. It is no worse than the standard tank mode and shooting everything that moves from a safe distance, as it was before.
Picture and sound in the game 10/10. The plot of the first half of the game develops poorly, we do not understand a lot, but if you read the notes, then everything will be clear and the plot will captivate you. Give the game a chance, don't be afraid to experiment. DOOM 3 was also badly received at the time, but what can you say about it now? By the way, even in DOOM64 there was a departure towards the future of DOOM 3. In general, igruha is a class, but I hope in the next part platforming will be minimized, now it looks more like Quake. Which, however, does not make the game worse. Well, no one bothers you to choose the lowest difficulty and play without jumping to polatforms in arenas, and if you also turn on the cheat for endless cartridges ..... beauty! I would also like to note the voice acting. She's gorgeous! I really liked the voice in the introduction and the voice of Vega.

A
Anderby 07.01.21

Passed on NS. one hundred%.

This is the bomb, one of the top contenders for the game of the year. Doom Eternal is not shy. And that's it. She's not ashamed of being Doom, unlike Doom 2016. Not ashamed of hellish battles, not ashamed of her addict setting. The meat here is not a feature, but the basis. Almost all the shortcomings of Doom 2016 have been fixed - you can return for uncollected secrets right at the end of the mission, it is not necessary to complete challenges with weapons. The resource system was repulsive at first, but then I understood it. Doom 2016 made battles go through in different ways, mainly with challenges - if you want to pump a gun, if you please shoot in the head. Doom Eternal makes battles go through in different ways all the time, and it's not even striking: no bullets - cut, no HP - tear, no armor - set fire. The battles can be really hard, it's natural hell like Serious Sam but much less controllable. There are a lot of references and classic elements, they even have their own eye-catching font and interface in the style of Quake 4, a rarity these days. Real Doom 5.
The plot was taken away in the direction of fantasy, the backstory of Doom 2016. The connection with Doom 64 (and Doom I-II) is said almost directly. Halfway through, the plot returns to UAC and Samuel Hayden. Doom Marine saves the Earth, again. Heaven exists and they work with hell in a terrible symbiosis. Dumgay destroys all this, leaving everyone with a nose, forcing higher forces to stagger. Plugged all the plot slots of Doom 2016, laid the tracks to the next Doom. ENT is significantly enlarged.
The port is perfect, at the level of the previous part. Everything looks and flies great, you can safely forget that you are playing on the Nintendo Switch. This only applies to the TV-mode, in the portable one the quality of textures and contrast drop dramatically. It was not in vain that the release was postponed for more than six months.
Doom Eternal is a sweet present to all fans of the series. I really want to continue, but with Microsoft's purchase of Bethesd, I now strongly doubt its possibility. Microsoft destroys everything it touches, if EA and Ubisoft are the worst bastards of the gaming industry, then MS - the entire computer software industry. At least two DLC campaigns await us.

Finished the Doom marathon, glory to Panic Button.
Completed Doom, Doom II, Final Doom, Doom 64, Doom 3 (+ Resurrection of Evil & Lost Mission), Doom RPG, Doom Resurrection, Doom II RPG, Doom 2016, Doom VFR and Doom Eternal.
Spoiler

x
xxxnewman 06.03.21

After re-flashing Doom 2016 before the release and launching the freshly released Eternal on pre-order, I was not just disappointed, the fart is still burning. They were fucking there. They took it and ruined everything. Yes, it has become faster, but for me it's a cartoon of some kind. Parody. And there is no plot at all.